03-27-2010, 07:58 PM
I thought it would be a fun idea if we, the players answered some of these questions that I took from the most recent state of the game address. ( http://www.startrekonline.com/node/1182 )
* Who are the Undine and what drives them?
* How can we better exploit the Genesis System to create even more compelling content?
* Where can we boldly go next? Where shall we take exploratory missions, as there's so much potential there?
* Which faction should be playable next? Romulan? Cardassian? Pakled? Dominion? Horta? Okay, not so much the Pakleds.
Feel free to answer any or all of them.
03-27-2010, 08:40 PM
1. As far as Undine goes, the most we know about them is from VOY, so I won't go in depth there. As far as what might drive them? It looks like they seem to just want to spread chaos in the Alpha quadrant in a preparation for a full grown invasion. OR they could simply be gathering intelligence, but that doesn't seem to be the case due to their current actions in the Alpha quadrant.
- I personally would like to see where this goes, maybe there is an invasion in the Beta Quadrant (North West of Sol could be a nice starting point, HINT HINT, I mean it's just a big blue empty nothing there. You could add 9 squares of Sector Space there!!!) The invasion would start in the Beta Quadrant, and there could even be a 3 part Fleet action involving a space battle above Earth, ground combat on the moon, and Ground combat in San Fransisco, where Starfleet Academy is located. Actually, one plan that was adopted on VOY was to have Undine shape-shift like students and infiltrate Starfleet Academy.
- The whole situation in the Beta Quadrant could eventually push back the Undine to their own home space. Though to keep them their you could add an additional 4 more squares of sector space that represents a portion of Undine space. Have a whole section of how the player with the assistance of not only Feds, but Klingons as well. THATS RIGHT, lets have some joint Klingon/Fed content that allows players to join side by side with Feds and Klingons. This will only happen when your in Undine Sector Space, and the missions will be extreamly hard. (Borg couldn't beat these guys, so it's safe to assume they'll be harder to take down) The final climatic battle could be a join Klingon/Fed endeavor, without the PvP, but a joint co-operation to close a rift that connects the Beta and Alpha quadrants. 10 Players from both sides should participate and the Fleet action could open with 5 players from both factions.
- This will be the only area where this could happen, and you could go so far as to say the relations with the Feds and Klingons, although worked well during closing of the Rift. Were still too far damaged that the war between the Feds and Klingons continued and things remained unchanged, except for the fact that the Undine no longer are interfering with Alpha/Beta Quadrant affairs.
2. Add more content! MORE MORE MORE to the galaxy, right now I can beat the game with a couple months of game play... that's not exactly ideal for an MMO. I think the Dev's should plan on adding at least 100+ more hours of content for both the Fed's and Klingons in terms of PvE.
- For Feds I've always been curious to find out more about the Delta or Gamma Quadrants, perhaps you should look there for you're next big push of content...
- For Klingons, they defiantly feel like they are an unfinished faction, and some of the idea's for PvE content can be found on the forums if you look hard enough, they could be a good starting point for references.
- Before you add another race, you might want to add a level cap to 60 for both Fed's and Klingons, and add at least 100+ hours of PvE content for both races.
3. I think exploration content should be held back a bit, don't add to much, but tweek it a bit. Most of the missions are kinda... repetitive. Some missions are kinda... not good. I personally do not like buying a bunch of items (self sealing Stembolts or some stuff like that) and cloging up my inventory, only to find out I need something completely different from an item I don't have for a first contact mission. There has got to be other ways meeting other race's other than bribery.
- There could be a far better way on resolving first contact missions, and I would love to see some exploratory missions where you, the player had the choice of breaking the Prime Directive. There could also be some missions where a race just achieved warp.
4. Again, as said above, I wouldn't add any other race's without more content. With that said, everyone thinks Romulans will probably be next, but I personally would like to see Ferangi to be the next race. I mean, it would be nice to see a race that's completely neutral in this entire conflict and the only goals, and objectives for that faction is to gain more income.