PDA

View Full Version : Disabled Region

Archived Post
01-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Well, without censor comments :confused:
http://s017.radikal.ru/i437/1201/da/f66e3dcd7921.jpg

Archived Post
01-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Yes, what is problem??? I am also got it today.

Archived Post
01-12-2012, 10:46 PM
In Perfect World's system, some regions of the world, or IPs, or VPNs/proxies are blocked. The system does not like proxy connections at all.

Please contact PW Customer Support and give them as much info about the issue as you can.

Example info you will give by email or ticket:

Account name (Cryptic and Perfect World if applicable. We NEVER ask for your password)
ISP that you are using
Where you are connecting from?
What type of connection you are using (DSL, Mobile, Cable, etc)?
Wireless or wired?
How many accounts are being played from your location? Names of those accounts?
How many devices are being used from your location?

Some of this information will be verified and they may be able to help you if your region isn't a legit banned region.

It could also be an error with something in our combined systems too, so contacting support can help you figure out why, and so can support when they look into it.

Archived Post
01-13-2012, 01:43 AM
This bug is related to these topics -
https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1635/kw/Disabled%20region

And more specifically to the fact that we have three fleets from Russia, and now we have no idea how Russian - Trek community will play in this project...

And what about a Russian life-time subscribers...

p.s. This limitation of access of Russian players due to the presence of localization of PW games in our country, but for STO must be another solution...

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Developers, we need official and complete answer to our questions about the fate of Russian players in STO, all of them - Silver, Gold and LT...
And how to understand this - http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=142873

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 09:41 AM
The following Regions will not be able to access Star Trek Online and Champions Online once the account merger is fully completed:
•China
•Hong Kong
•The Republic of Korea
•Macao
•Russia
•Taiwan
•Vietnam

So...? I am from Russia! After tomorrow I will purshare a Life-time account. But what later? My account will blocked??? What a hell politics in PW??? Who can give official response???
In Russia live STO players. Some of them have a lifetime subscription. What we will do when our account will blocked? If our account will be blocked, we will together go to court for a lawsuit..

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 09:53 AM
+1
There are at least 2 russian-speaking fleets: Kosmoflot and 21st Fleet.

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 10:22 AM
There are at least 2 russian-speaking fleets: Kosmoflot and 21st Fleet.
three - Fed (Kosmoflot and 21st Fleet) and Kli (Roskosmos)

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 10:45 AM
The following Regions will not be able to access Star Trek Online and Champions Online once the account merger is fully completed:
•China
•Hong Kong
•The Republic of Korea
•Macao
•Russia
•Taiwan
•Vietnam

So...? I am from Russia! After tomorrow I will purshare a Life-time account. But what later? My account will blocked??? What a hell politics in PW??? Who can give official response???
In Russia live STO players. Some of them have a lifetime subscription. What we will do when our account will blocked? If our account will be blocked, we will together go to court for a lawsuit..

Those regions have always been blocked for PWE for legal/administrative reasons or due to the fact that the regions in question have their own localizations of PWE's current game stable (excluding the games that PWE acquired with their purchase of Cryptic). However, PWE staff (per this post: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=3954679&postcount=28) are working with Cryptic staff for a definitive answer as to how the current PWE policy will work with Cryptic's current games.

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 10:47 AM
In Perfect World's system, some regions of the world, or IPs, or VPNs/proxies are blocked. The system does not like proxy connections at all.

Please contact PW Customer Support and give them as much info about the issue as you can.

Example info you will give by email or ticket:

Account name (Cryptic and Perfect World if applicable. We NEVER ask for your password)
ISP that you are using
Where you are connecting from?
What type of connection you are using (DSL, Mobile, Cable, etc)?
Wireless or wired?
How many accounts are being played from your location? Names of those accounts?
How many devices are being used from your location?

Some of this information will be verified and they may be able to help you if your region isn't a legit banned region.

It could also be an error with something in our combined systems too, so contacting support can help you figure out why, and so can support when they look into it.

I have a sent letter in Perfect World 6 days ago, but I dont receive any response.

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 10:48 AM
That is indeed a bummer. I would hope that if there isn't some sort of workaround, you can get your money back. After all, the lifetime subscription promises access to the game for its duration - and since that duration is continuing, and you can't get access...

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 10:49 AM
That is indeed a bummer. I would hope that if there isn't some sort of workaround, you can get your money back. After all, the lifetime subscription promises access to the game for its duration - and since that duration is continuing, and you can't get access...

Most likely, the LTS issue is the main reason why PWE is seeking clarification from the Cryptic team. To my knowledge, this is the first time that PWE has acquired a company with such a subscription program, and therefore, would cause some conflicts with PWE existing policy.

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 11:00 AM
:mad:What a hell you doing?! And why Russia is in "black" list? Russian not China! Here democratic country. All players I am familiar with are honest and decent people. And why do they get banned us? Most Russian players' lifetime subscribers. And they should get banned! Such garbage, I have never seen before. I feel like an abandoned prostitute!

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 11:02 AM
:mad:What a hell you doing?! And why Russia is in "black" list? Russian not China! Here democratic country. All players I am familiar with are honest and decent people. And why do they get banned us? Most Russian players' lifetime subscribers. And they should get banned! Such garbage, I have never seen before. I feel like an abandoned prostitute!

It actually has nothing to do with politics. PWE licenses their games via another company in Russia and that company is responsible for the account management and marketing for their PWE games. Therefore, they are not allowed to make PWE accounts--they must work via the company who handles localization for that region.

(source: www.pwrd.com)

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 12:09 PM
But we dont have a STO localisation((

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 12:11 PM
But we dont have a STO localisation((

Hence the reason why PWE is currently working with Cryptic staff to determine how their existing policy will fit in with the Cryptic-titled games. Though STO does not have an existing localization in Russia, current PWE policy does not allow for the creation of PWE accounts in Russia. In the event that the two account systems are merged completely, this can cause an issue.

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 12:29 PM
I fully support you guys!
100% with you!

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Still trying to get more info and clarification on this.

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Still trying to get more info and clarification on this.

It might have been a good idea to figure this out BEFORE cutting off people who actually paid for the game and who may even have Lifetime Subscriptions. And it would certainly have been a good idea to have gotten it sorted very soon afterward, having failed to be at all proactive.

Looks like PWE and Cryptic should work well together, since your customer service techniques are so similar...

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Merging two systems into one invariably creates issues. This is the first time (to my knowledge and research) that PWE has acquired a company with a program already in place such as lifetime subscribing...and therefore is working out how to integrate such into their existing policy and procedure.

Two outcomes seem likely:

1. PWE modifies existing policy to specifically exclude Cryptic games. This would be the trickier of the two approaches, since in most of the listed regions, a licensee exclusively handles account management and marketing for PW games in that region.

2. Players in the affected regions are allowed to maintain and log in with their Cryptic login. This, though, would require a patch to the login server to allow IP addresses in those regions logging in with Cryptic login credentials...which, far as I can see, is no easy task.

@Darth: I'm surprised you haven't lost your mind yet trying to answer all of these questions and still tend to the other 8 games you have to watch ;)

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 01:56 PM
These are being looked into by both teams.

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Which, looks like a "split the difference" between points 1 and 2 that I made a couple posts ago...

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Things are still being worked out. No ETA.

Again, if you are a subscriber to Cryptic games and are getting an IP ban, please include a screenshot of the message and send in a ticket to Customer Support.

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Ok, so there are no bans for existing Cryptic players, never were.

If you were an existing or new PWE player dealing with your own PWE account ban/region banned IP issues, contact Perfect World Support.

Cryptic Players are NOT being touched or bothered by the PWE system, even when linking accounts.

If you link your PWE account that has a transgression/problem with it to your Cryptic one, then that may cause you some problems.

This is based on info from the engineering teams from both Cryptic and PWE.

If you have further issues, contact support. We can not discuss bans or account issues on the forums.

Thanks!

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Well... It really good news. But what about new subscriptions from Russia? I can understand why Russia is blocked for Perfect World (In Russia working Russian PW server). But it Perfect World Server. We dont have a STO server here. What reason a blocking Russian NEW subscriptions? Here in Russia MMORPG games is very popular. PW will lost many Russian subscriptions and with new subscriptions too...

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Ok, so there are no bans for existing Cryptic players, never were.

If you were an existing or new PWE player dealing with your own PWE account ban/region banned IP issues, contact Perfect World Support.

Cryptic Players are NOT being touched or bothered by the PWE system, even when linking accounts.

If you link your PWE account that has a transgression/problem with it to your Cryptic one, then that may cause you some problems.

This is based on info from the engineering teams from both Cryptic and PWE.

If you have further issues, contact support. We can not discuss bans or account issues on the forums.

Thanks!

So, to clarify if anyone asks in the future, even if a player later links their Cryptic account (or such becomes mandated), they will not be affected by the banned regions rule?

@Gala: PWI (Perfect World International, the game) is not the only game blocked by PWE. Russia has a separate licensee that handles account management for games produced by Perfect World for ALL their existing games. Therefore, due to the licensing and marketing agreements in place, PWE account creation has been blocked in that country. According to the above, though, this should not affect current Russian Cryptic accountholders.

However: New Russian players that go through the account creation process, once the account systems are fully merged, WILL be affected by the rule. They will have to wait until a Russian client has been localized and released before they can play--and will not be able to play on the current server.

Ergo, it's safe to say that current Russian STO players will not be affected in any way, but, due to PWE policy, new players will not be able to sign up and play STO under the PWE system.

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 05:02 PM
They will have to wait until a Russian client has been localized and released before they can play--and will not be able to play on the current server.
Very curious - how long they will wait localization....) 2-3 years?))

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Very curious - how long they will wait localization....) 2-3 years?))

That's entirely up to the studio doing the localizing. PW sends out the material to be localized, and each localizing studio sets their own pace.

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 05:24 PM
The way I understand it:

Russian Cryptic accounts should be able to play. You would just have to be a subscriber and pay through Cryptic's system.

You would not be able to be a Free to Play Cryptic user, then link your account to PWE and then try and buy Zen through PWE while playing from Russia.

If you guys have further inquiries about this subject, please contact Customer support via a ticket.

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 05:41 PM
In Soviet Russia, you don't play games, the game plays you.

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 06:38 PM
That's entirely up to the studio doing the localizing. PW sends out the material to be localized, and each localizing studio sets their own pace.
But where you see information that in Russia PW will launch STO server?

In Soviet Russia, you don't play games, the game plays you.
Hey man! How old you? Soviet Russia disappeared 20 years ago. Now Russia is no worse than U.S.))

The way I understand it:
Russian Cryptic accounts should be able to play. You would just have to be a subscriber and pay through Cryptic's system. You would not be able to be a Free to Play Cryptic user, then link your account to PWE and then try and buy Zen through PWE while playing from Russia.
If you guys have further inquiries about this subject, please contact Customer support via a ticket.
Last question: So... If now someone from Russian will try a purchase STO (life-time or be a gold member) - he cannot do it. Right?

PS. Thank you VERY MUCH for information. It really very important for russian player.

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 06:42 PM
I never stated that information was available as to when a Russian STO server would be launched--I merely stated that was how the process would work for new Russian STO players, as they would not be able to play using a PWE account.

When a Russian STO client is ready, I'm sure Russian players will know where to go to get it.

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Russian Cryptic accounts can buy subscriptions through Cryptic.

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 07:00 PM

Orrr...they can just do what Darth just said. *puts on his dunce cap*

Archived Post
01-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Hey man! How old you? Soviet Russia disappeared 20 years ago. Now Russia is no worse than U.S.))

Hey man! I'm old enough to remember when Yakov Smirnoff , then a fresh new comedian in the U.S., pioneered the "In Soviet Russia" jokes. Blame the Russian for the Russia jokes.

Archived Post
01-19-2012, 03:00 PM

But would it let them register a new account? The answer seems to be no. The account registration link in startrekonline.com leads them to the PWE STO account creation page.

Archived Post
02-21-2012, 06:06 PM
I just hope something will be done about it. Hell just to buy a 100 doffs slots i'd have to spend two weeks farming the bloody dilithium to exchange for cp. And it's obvious i'll have to stick with standard ships and bridges options. I loose patience, cryptic looses profits.