Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Away Team Composition (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=100234)

Archived Post 02-03-2010 07:01 AM

Away Team Composition

Last night I figured I'd try out the Borg bridge officer that I got when I purchased STO from Amazon. After getting rid of my favorite engineering officer to make space I equipped the borg officer. As of now I have two engineers (one is the borg), two medical officers and one tactical (I'm a tactical captain). I was trying to make an away team of the liberated borg, as well as my other engineer, and the two medical officers. Is the borg officer now allowed to be on an away team? It seemed like no matter what combination of officers I picked I couldn't get the borg on the way team with the other engineer.
I've had two engineers as my standard away team in the past... I think. At this point I just don't take the borg on away teams but without that old engineering officer I replaced things don't run nearly as smooth during ground combat.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 07:17 AM

You can choose what away team you use when you go down. That is the purpose of that popup box that lists your team before you beam down to the ground. You could, if you wanted, take an entire squad of Engineers if you wanted to.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakoriz
You can choose what away team you use when you go down. That is the purpose of that popup box that lists your team before you beam down to the ground. You could, if you wanted, take an entire squad of Engineers if you wanted to.

I forgot to highlight the issue in the post, when I tried to pick two engineers it would change another officer. For example if I tried to pick to borg as well as my original engineer both would be on the team but one of them would replace the tactical officer. If I picked the tactical officer the borg or the medical officer would be replaced. That's what made me think there was a certain configuration an away team had to have. Your response tells me this is more of a bug.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 07:50 AM

That does seem odd.. I've never run into trouble of that sort.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakoriz
That does seem odd.. I've never run into trouble of that sort.

I'll have to check it again tonight after work but it happened during two different missions last night. As I said I assumed when it first happened it was some restriction due to the Borg Engineer character. I was going to remove mines from my first engineer and train the shield healing power because I thought I couldn't use the Borg character at the same time. Its a shame too, I was running the mines and and a shield generator before this Borg fiasco and it was working well in ground combat. Anyone have suggestions besides a reporting it as a bug?

Archived Post 02-03-2010 08:17 AM

I don't understand the problem. There are 5 slots for ground combat, check under 'assignments' (press K). You can configure a default team for away and space. In each slot you can select a BO that's not already in the team. I don't see how a BO being borg or not would change anything here, but I don't have one so can't say for sure. You can have 5 engineers in your away team if you have 5 engineer BOs if you want.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfing (Post 1894306)
I don't understand the problem. There are 5 slots for ground combat, check under 'assignments' (press K). You can configure a default team for away and space. In each slot you can select a BO that's not already in the team. I don't see how a BO being borg or not would change anything here, but I don't have one so can't say for sure. You can have 5 engineers in your away team if you have 5 engineer BOs if you want.

I don't know how else to explain it.
I have the option to pick under bridge officer assignments. The issue is when I do pick a team and include the borg bridge officer it swaps out another officer. It's not a space issue, I have room for another bridge officer. It seems that if I wish to include the borg on my away team it removes another character. From the previous comments it sounds like a bug and not an intended limit. I just wanted to be sure it was a bug and not some restriction I didn't know.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 10:02 AM

I had the same issue in beta. I think it has to do with dismissing an officer that is on your away team.

The UI messes up. And there's no fixing it. Bugged it in beta, including providing info that I believed dismissing an officer was responsible, but I guess they never looked at it or managed to duplicate and fix it.

What I did discover though is that you can ignore what the UI says. If you set an officer in slot 4, he's there, even if he shows in slot 3 on the assignments page. Does make it a pain to know who you are replacing, but it is what it is.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axterix
I had the same issue in beta. I think it has to do with dismissing an officer that is on your away team.

The UI messes up. And there's no fixing it. Bugged it in beta, including providing info that I believed dismissing an officer was responsible, but I guess they never looked at it or managed to duplicate and fix it.

What I did discover though is that you can ignore what the UI says. If you set an officer in slot 4, he's there, even if he shows in slot 3 on the assignments page. Does make it a pain to know who you are replacing, but it is what it is.

Thanks for the response, I'll try tonight to disregard the assignments after I pick who I want on the team. It just seems like a bug that would be easy to spot and resolve. I wonder if it will put people in my away team even if they aren't on the list. For me It's not so much they move up or down the list, if I put that borg character in a tactical security officer pops up in the last spot.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 04:21 AM

Thanks all, it looks like the bug was fixed, I can include my borg officer with any combination of officers on my away team. Thanks for the help.