Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Does the music in this game ever change? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=100284)

Archived Post 02-03-2010 06:46 AM

Does the music in this game ever change?

A question for power levelers out there in T4 and T5. How's the music? Now don't get me wrong... I think the 3 or 4 scores cryptic picked for this game are epic and go with the star trek universe perfectly. I can just tell it's going to start getting old real fast and I'm curious if we have anything new to look forward to.

Thanks.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 06:51 AM

I had to turn the volume for the music all the way down. After a while the music felt like torture to me.

I haven't tried the option to play my own music yet. I think it only lists I-tunes and Winamp for media players. I use J River media player on my computer.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 07:08 AM

I think the ingame player is made for that. I linked my BSG soundtracks there from my discs after converting them to mp3 and made a playlist. Nothing like listening to BSG opening titles while you warp into a system...

JUMP !!!!! (nerdgasm) :D

Archived Post 02-03-2010 07:10 AM

Yeah, had to turn my music off after the first day or two. Not much variety.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
I think the ingame player is made for that. I linked my BSG soundtracks there from my discs after converting them to mp3 and made a playlist. Nothing like listening to BSG opening titles while you warp into a system...

JUMP !!!!! (nerdgasm) :D

Sounds like it would add to lag.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 10:20 AM

The in-game player works fine. Was jamming to Day of Fire while playing last night.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 10:26 AM

It's good music...but yeah....from beta to now...overload...

Of course that's like any MMO... I even know people who bought the Anarchy Online Soundtrack...and play it in the car...(I haven't strangled them yet, but there is always tomorrow)...

I suspect I'll be trying the media player soon... It will be interesting roughing-up Romulans to The Dead Kennedys, The Cramps, The Cure, and Johnny Rotten ... Perhaps not very "Trekkish" though.... =D

It's a neat game addition btw...reminiscent of the customizable radio in GTA =)

Archived Post 02-03-2010 10:33 AM

I've never even noticed the music really and I have it turned on

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:40 AM

If they drop that male opera singing rubbish, i think the soundtrack would be much better. That song gets played almost every time and I can hardly stand it.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:45 AM

As with any MMO, I've turned the music off. I use it for a while, and then I have had enough. E&B was one of the few where I left it on more extensively.

Which bring me to my next point-- I set up an iTunes playlist with E&B's music, and a little from EVE, and a whole bunch from the Star Trek movie soundtracks. Much more variety now!