Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Boycott pvp (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=100789)

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:25 AM

Boycott pvp
 
As it stands, there is no real gain for Federation to do PVP. the alpha strike, atthe very least, ensures one person dies in said alpha strike. Cloaks ensure that the Klingons can escape and come around behind. It's just not worth it guys. So starve the Klingons until Cryptic fixes things.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerstorm
As it stands, there is no real gain for Federation to do PVP. the alpha strike, atthe very least, ensures one person dies in said alpha strike. Cloaks ensure that the Klingons can escape and come around behind. It's just not worth it guys. So starve the Klingons until Cryptic fixes things.

Yah, because playing KvK is totally not an option. :D

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:32 AM

PM someone in Phoenix fleet so they can teach you how to play the game. They're Feds, they're organized, and they win, shocking I know.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:39 AM

Yes, my not knowing how to play is entirely why a klingon can escape via cloak.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerstorm
Yes, my not knowing how to play is entirely why a klingon can escape via cloak.

I'm guessing you fail for several reasons but knowledge is usually the biggest. Lack of coordination/team play, poor character build, poor BO skill choices, joining PUGs all make it very difficult to win.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerstorm
As it stands, there is no real gain for Federation to do PVP. the alpha strike, atthe very least, ensures one person dies in said alpha strike. Cloaks ensure that the Klingons can escape and come around behind. It's just not worth it guys. So starve the Klingons until Cryptic fixes things.

A couple people healing the Klingons first target immediately totally negates the alpha strike. An organized, well balanced Fed team generally beats any Klingon team. And cloak definitely do not "ensure" that Klingons can escape.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:50 AM

The best part of this post is there is a thread right above this one saying Feds are OP and boycott PvP.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antilles1 (Post 1899532)
A couple people healing the Klingons first target immediately totally negates the alpha strike. An organized, well balanced Fed team generally beats any Klingon team. And cloak definitely do not "ensure" that Klingons can escape.

So, essentially you need a Federation premade to defeat a Klingon pug?

Archived Post 02-03-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerstorm
So, essentially you need a Federation premade to defeat a Klingon pug?

Well, yes if you want to win every single time. But the one thing I can tell you is that a Klingon pre-made can't beat a Federation pre-made most of the time and that a Klingon pug that doesn't communicate will usually lose to a Federation pug that stays together and has one or two real science ships (healing/debuffing).

Archived Post 02-03-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerstorm
So, essentially you need a Federation premade to defeat a Klingon pug?

No.

pug vs pug = almost equal (whoever is more coordinated wins)
premade vs premade = almost equal (missing Klingon T2 cruiser hurts)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:51 AM.