Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Neutral Station could solve Klingon loot issue (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=100927)

Archived Post 02-03-2010 01:43 PM

Neutral Station could solve Klingon loot and pve issue

OK ultimately I would love to see Ferengi as a crafter/trader/mercenary class become a neutral player faction, but that dream might be a long time away.....if ever.

So how about this, make a neutral station with an auction house so we can trade to each other and have pve missions so both factions get loot/xp? Use an abandon DS9 style station that is in a non pvp zone.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 01:59 PM

Hey cryptic, I want this too.

I want to be a neutral race player that can do fed / kdf missions (with reduced rewards?) or fight on one side or the other pvp as I feel the desire to, but not get merits on either side - only energy credits.

I want to be a mercenary!

The merc base would be somewhere hidden and secret and cloaked... and feds, kdf and anyone else could go there and use the black market.

Oh man, do I want this.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:04 PM

A 'Neutral' faction, capable of trading with either faction, and working for either faction, could be amazingly cool.

There would have to be some counter-balance (perhaps they get less reward from each mission, to pay for being able to fly for anyone? Perhaps limited ship access... or better yet... perhaps full access to EVERYONES lowest tier ships, although at a higher 'tier'... such that the neutral faction can get lend-lease/bartered/sold Klingon and Federation Tier 1 ships at their Tier 2, Tier 2 at Tier 4, and Tier 3 at Tier 5 (it should never go higher than Tier 3, the Feds arent going to sell Soverigns nor the Klingons Vo'Quvs or Vor'Chas, but some old K'Tingas? Sure...) And then have some of their own pirate/raider/commerce style designs.

Make them Ferengi, or another Orion branch, or some combination of both.. using Ferengi hulls for their big 'Cruisers' (Call them Merchant Cruisers, Guild Cruisers, etc.) and 'Orion' hulls for their light, fast, whippy ships.

And their own station, in neutral space.

Want. Definitely Want.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:09 PM

This would work and maybe some quests, its one lot of work for everyone to enjoy rather than quests for each faction.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcussmythe (Post 1901056)
A 'Neutral' faction, capable of trading with either faction, and working for either faction, could be amazingly cool.

There would have to be some counter-balance (perhaps they get less reward from each mission, to pay for being able to fly for anyone? Perhaps limited ship access... or better yet... perhaps full access to EVERYONES lowest tier ships, although at a higher 'tier'... such that the neutral faction can get lend-lease/bartered/sold Klingon and Federation Tier 1 ships at their Tier 2, Tier 2 at Tier 4, and Tier 3 at Tier 5 (it should never go higher than Tier 3, the Feds arent going to sell Soverigns nor the Klingons Vo'Quvs or Vor'Chas, but some old K'Tingas? Sure...) And then have some of their own pirate/raider/commerce style designs.

Make them Ferengi, or another Orion branch, or some combination of both.. using Ferengi hulls for their big 'Cruisers' (Call them Merchant Cruisers, Guild Cruisers, etc.) and 'Orion' hulls for their light, fast, whippy ships.

And their own station, in neutral space.

Want. Definitely Want.

Make them have to buy ships with energy credits and have a cost penalty from every faction because they are not subsidized. (double?)

Have their ships only naturally heal crew to half, and they have to pay credits to add crewmembers and can only do that at the neutral base? They can replace crew with things like tactical buff etc.

I love the idea.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:39 PM

I hope Cryptic is reading this, it would add a lot to the game.

Korthos

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cortofuego
I hope Cryptic is reading this, it would add a lot to the game.

Korthos

I think they are busy laughing all the way to the bank about our lifetime memberships =/

Archived Post 02-03-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
I think they are busy laughing all the way to the bank about our lifetime memberships =/

In Cryptics defense...

They nerf with a bludgeon, they launch early, they leave the most AMAZING bugs in the game, they leave some content that they have promised alone so long that you forget it exists...

But I've never regretted money spent on a Cryptic game, in the long run. I've even Ragequit CoH over some things called HammiOs, something called the Global Defense Nerf, and the ideally named Erectile... err... Enhancement Diversification...

And I eventually came back, because it was -so cool- in some ways, and because for everything forgotten (Base Raids? the Shadow Shard?) something else cool was added, and I could always have alot of neat fun.

I'd still be playing CoH had I not started playing Champions Online, and still playing Champions Online were it not for STO...

So... although it probably makes you want to /headdesk right now... lifetime membership is probably not a bad thing.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meat_Machine

Haha that might be true but if my money can help them just a little to keep this game going I'm more than happy to do it. I have waited many years for this game.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 09:49 PM

I only want a neutral station if I can randomly shove feds out of air locks, and they can't do anything to retaliate because they follow silly rules.