Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   PvP's Dark secret ( suiciding ) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=101004)

Archived Post 02-03-2010 01:27 PM

PvP's Dark secret ( suiciding )

Edit: Pictures removed as this is naming and shaming

ive seen entire klingon fleets do this to end the game quickly once or twice but this is the first time ive see a fed player do this and ask other to do this, its wrong and lame and needs to be taken out compleatly, give the abilty to be in a team in the instance and to be able to vote ppl out to stop this, and if it wasnt for him we would have won

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea

Archived Post 02-03-2010 01:34 PM

They just need to scale the rewards for victory and participation. This is really basic stuff, and the game is suffering for it.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 01:36 PM

I've seen enitre Fed groups do that. It sucks and something must be done to fix it. Maybe make it so changing/unequip shield does not work in the arena.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:09 PM

Yep, I've seen entire Klink groups do that too. Happens often enough that they should change it.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 03:05 PM

I have seen it two times in all the countless battles from 5-18.

*shrug*

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:45 PM

today is a good day to die!
for all 5 of us at a time!
for 3 times in a row!
/get the skill points and run!

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elitus (Post 1901527)

ive seen entire klingon fleets do this to end the game quickly once or twice but this is the first time ive see a fed player do this and ask other to do this, its wrong and lame and needs to be taken out compleatly, give the abilty to be in a team in the instance and to be able to vote ppl out to stop this, and if it wasnt for him we would have won

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea

I have also seen this in WOW. They were making losing teams just to lose battlegrounds as fast as possible. You would just have 15 people in a group standing idle at the starting location. Bow boring can it be.....

i wont participate in that kind of crap.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elitus (Post 1901527)

There's about 20 another threads about this already. Nothing new, until there is an alternative way to gain skills relatively easily on the Klingon side as well as changing the way PVP maps are currently scored this will not change..

Currently there is no incentive for the federation or the klingon side to split or not ball up. this makes for boring fights of call the ball and who has healing. Objective maps and alternative ways to level besides PVP for the klingons and this will change. Until then enjoy easy victories on the other side.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:19 AM

In my ideal world inside my head, I would like to see a Fed team doing this play against a Klingon team doing this.

I imagine it would be just like a real arena match, except much quicker because of the lack of shields.

I agree that a large part of the problem is balancing rewards with level of participation. But another part is correctly (evenly) populating arena sides.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:23 AM

The "its a good day to die " quests require you to do this or risk leveling out of them...

:cool: