Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Why doesn't my kits and armour show up on my character? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=101059)

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:01 PM

Why doesn't my kits and armour show up on my character?

A bug? It sure does on my Federation characters...

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:04 PM

We don't have that content yet.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
We don't have that content yet.

Uhm, WHAT? That's f-ed up! And we can't customize our ships either. Man, what a rush-job this game feels like...:mad:

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:22 PM

Well, star trek online was being developed by a different developer a year and a half ago. That developer was fired, and cryptic took the title and basically reused their work on champs online to make a quick and dirty startrek game.

The rumor is that publisher pressure made the release date what it is.

This is probably the least complete MMO I've seen that was touted as a serious title. I wonder seriously what the production value here is. How many man hours of content it has. That really is the bottom dollar.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:25 PM

Some of that content was working, but a few armor pieces made the klingons naked, so they disabled them until they got models and textures for everything.

The sky is not falling.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:26 PM

I didn't say the sky was falling, I was just remarking on the facts of the matter.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Well, star trek online was being developed by a different developer a year and a half ago. That developer was fired, and cryptic took the title and basically reused their work on champs online to make a quick and dirty startrek game.

The rumor is that publisher pressure made the release date what it is.

This is probably the least complete MMO I've seen that was touted as a serious title. I wonder seriously what the production value here is. How many man hours of content it has. That really is the bottom dollar.

Wrong, here's kind of what is going on based on what I've read.

Perpetual had like a 4-5 year license to make a Star Trek MMO, 2-3 years into it they went bankrupt and basically had nothing but some crappy concept art. It was vaporware. CBS was trying to get someone to take over the license, but wouldn't expand it past the original date of 4-5 years. Cryptic bought the license and agreed to make the STO game in the time left, so even if they wanted to delay, the first call would be CBS, then Atari, then Cryptic Execs in that order for who'd get to say yes/no. Cryptic has at least 2 layers of bean counters on top of their bean counters. So figure that one out. I'm pretty sure no one at Cryptic wanted to release an unfinished Klingon side, they just didn't really have a choice.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
Wrong, here's kind of what is going on based on what I've read.

Perpetual had like a 4-5 year license to make a Star Trek MMO, 2-3 years into it they went bankrupt and basically had nothing but some crappy concept art. It was vaporware. CBS was trying to get someone to take over the license, but wouldn't expand it past the original date of 4-5 years. Cryptic bought the license and agreed to make the STO game in the time left, so even if they wanted to delay, the first call would be CBS, then Atari, then Cryptic Execs in that order for who'd get to say yes/no. Cryptic has at least 2 layers of bean counters on top of their bean counters. So figure that one out. I'm pretty sure no one at Cryptic wanted to release an unfinished Klingon side, they just didn't really have a choice.

Now how is that not what I just said?

1) Previous developer fired
2) Publisher pressured release date
3) Game released unfinished due to circumstances

I bought a lifetime subscription btw, knowing all of this.

IMO a star trek license is basically a license to print money. I expect this thing to be a huge success, even though I'll be annoyed to hell at the nerfs that will make it playable for casuals.

I also expect it to be a lot of fun, and I expect to play a bunch of different captains and careers.

Am I being clear yet? I think people are so used to the tragic emo hateful whining they see it where it's not.

I was also one of the players that when asked, said "yes, put kdf in even if it's just the avatars, the station and their ships. We'll pvp until the first content release". I accept it as is.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Now how is that not what I just said?

I bought a lifetime subscription btw, knowing all of this.

IMO a star trek license is basically a license to print money. I expect this thing to be a huge success, even though I'll be annoyed to hell at the nerfs that will make it playable for casuals.

I also expect it to be a lot of fun, and I expect to play a bunch of different captains and careers.

Am I being clear yet? I think people are so used to the tragic emo hateful whining they see it where it's not.

I was also one of the players that when asked, said "yes, put kdf in even if it's just the avatars, the station and their ships. We'll pvp until the first content release". I accept it as is.

Woah man I wasn't trying to rag on you or make you look bad, I was just trying to expand on/correct your story. CBS wanted the game done in 2 years, Cryptic said they could. That's all I was saying man.

I agree with everything else you said I don't know why we're arguing :p

Archived Post 02-03-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
Woah man I wasn't trying to rag on you or make you look bad, I was just trying to expand on/correct your story. CBS wanted the game done in 2 years, Cryptic said they could. That's all I was saying man.

I agree with everything else you said I don't know why we're arguing :p

Insert trolling flame here.