Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Selling trained officers (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=101125)

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:37 PM

Selling trained officers

Maybe I have dreamed this, but I thought it would be possible to train officers and sell them on the Exchange? I can't seem to do it though. Not possible? Was possible but removed? Or will be added in the future? :)

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:43 PM

At one time BO's appeared first as icons in your inventory. At this time you could sell them but only if you never activated or trained them.

Now they go into your assignments section of the skills area so no you can no longer sell them.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:47 PM

yes you can just drag them out of assignments into your inventory.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:53 PM

Yeah, you can trade and sell officers.

But you can't trade and sell officers once you've activated them as a member of your BO team. You can only trade the 'unopened' BOs that appear in your assignments tab.

But you need to open 'em in order to increase or modify skills.

So the answer to the OP's question is 'no'. You can't train them and then sell 'em.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acyl (Post 1903010)
Yeah, you can trade and sell officers.

But you can't trade and sell officers once you've activated them as a member of your BO team. You can only trade the 'unopened' BOs that appear in your assignments tab.

But you need to open 'em in order to increase or modify skills.

So the answer to the OP's question is 'no'. You can't train them and then sell 'em.

Thanks for the clearification.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 03:10 PM

Put in a WoW perspective - it sounds like binding items to your char.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kthang
Maybe I have dreamed this, but I thought it would be possible to train officers and sell them on the Exchange? I can't seem to do it though. Not possible? Was possible but removed? Or will be added in the future? :)

What your suggesting is that the federation becomes a bunch of slave traders! The buying and selling of people died out in the civilised world hundreds of years ago, lets leave it there...

Archived Post 02-03-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELITE-Kaos (Post 1903541)
What your suggesting is that the federation becomes a bunch of slave traders! The buying and selling of people died out in the civilised world hundreds of years ago, lets leave it there...

Uh no.

What OP was suggesting is the opportunity to trade/acquire trained BOs, which would be like personnel being assigned to new ships and new positions, which happens all the time.

When I read an interview with one of the devs concerning crafting, he stated that BOs would be another element in crafting, in that people could train and shape their BOs, and then trade them with friends. This functionality didn't appear to make it into the final game, and that's a damn shame, because it would have made things a hell of a lot more interesting.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kthang

It's not possible at the moment, but appears to have been the original plan (based on some dev interviews). Not sure whether it's something that's 'on the way' or if they've changed their minds about it.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaMHC
Uh no.

What OP was suggesting is the opportunity to trade/acquire trained BOs, which would be like personnel being assigned to new ships and new positions, which happens all the time.

When I read an interview with one of the devs concerning crafting, he stated that BOs would be another element in crafting, in that people could train and shape their BOs, and then trade them with friends. This functionality didn't appear to make it into the final game, and that's a damn shame, because it would have made things a hell of a lot more interesting.

Yes, this is exactly what I seem to recall. Thank you :)