Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Team Settings (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=101292)

Archived Post 02-03-2010 04:44 PM

Team Settings

ths may be a stupid question to many of you but...

im in situations where i go to a system and im automatically in a team... or im in a team with a friend or two and out of nowhere,two other people pop into the team wihout invitation. also, i have been the sole player to take down an enemy ship, yet the items awarded after its destruction are only available to a team-mate. why?

in the SOCIAL window, under TEAM SETTINGS, can anyone explain a few details of this configuration? im aware of a bt of this by common sense, but i dont assume to be correct. for those of you who know these settings, can you fill me in?

in the DEFAULT TEAM SETTINGS you have four categories with options. what exactly do they denote and what restrictions do they impose?

TEAM JOIN MODE:
-Prompt On Creation
-Open Teams
-Allow Requests
-Closed Team
LOOT MODE:
-Round Robin
-Free For All
-Need Or Greed
-Mater Looter
LOOT THRESHOLD: (does this LIMIT your LOOT? i.e. if COMMON is selected, will i NOT get uncommon-rare drops)
-Common
-Uncommon
-Rare
-Very Rare
LOOKING FOR GROUP MODE:
-Open Teaming
-Allow Team Invites
-Block Team Invites

...again, im aware this may be a stupid question to those of you in the know, but humor me.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 04:57 PM

Join Mode:

Open Team - If you are in a mission intance, other players not already in a team who are set to open teaming LFG mode will automatically be placed in your team and join you.

Allow Requests - Players may right-click you or your teammates to automatically join your team if it isn't full

Closed - No one may join the team without you inviting them.

Prompt on Creation - When you create a team, you'll be prompted to choose one of the above three settings.

Loot Mode:

Round Robin - Players take turns on looting.

Free for All - Any team member can loot any drop

Need or Greed - Haven't seen how this works in game, but the way this worked in WoW was that when loot was examined, you chose whether you needed the item, or not (ie, taking it would just be for greed's sake). Those who indicated they needed it would compete in a die roll to see who got it If no one indicates need, then everyone rolls for the item. Obviously this is only useful in a group of people you trust to be honest about their need or greed chioce.

Master Looter - Haven't seen how this works in game either, but basically only one player can loot or choose who gets loot. Be careful about joining pick-up groups with this mode set... it probably means the team leader is trying to shaft everyone else and take the loot for himself.

Threshold: This determines the level of tiems that are affected by the loot mode setting above. Anything below the setting is probably put on free-for-all by default... though I'm not sure exactly how this works as I haven't played with it.

LFG Mode:

Open Teaming - If you're not in a group when you enter a mission instance, the game will look for a group or player with open teaming that is also starting the mission for you and team you up automatically.

Allow Invites - You will not be automatically placed in groups as above, but you will still be able to receive invites from other players to join their group.

Block Invites - No automatic group joining, and players will not be able to invite you to their group.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 04:57 PM

Team join mode sets the default type of team you want to create when you invite someone to team up with you. Open teams means the game will automatically add other players into your team if they have open teaming enabled and are on the same mission. Allow requests will not let the system automatically add players to your team, but a player can manually send you a request to join your team. Closed team means nobody can join unless you invite them.

The looking for group mode is the other side of this equation... If you have it set to open teaming you will automatically join any other open teams or players that are on the same mission. If you have it set to allow invites someone can invite you but you won't be added automatically. Block invites will stop you from joining any team unless you request to join or create one yourself.

Here are the basics on loot modes:

Round Robin - Everyone gets a turn at looting, whatever drops on their turn is what they get, then it's the next person's turn.

Free for All - Everyone can loot everything, first come first serve.

Need or Greed - When an item is looted you decide whether you "need" the item, meaning you're actually going to equip it and have a use for it, or "greed" the item, saying that you don't need it but you'll take it to sell if nobody else wants it. After everyone on the team has picked need or greed the following happens:

If one or more people have picked Need, they all roll random numbers and the highest roll gets the item.

If, and only if, nobody picks Need, all the Greed team members roll in the same manner to determine who gets it. Rolling Need on an item you're not planning on using is generally frowned upon.

Master Looter - The team leader loots everything and (in theory) distributes loot as he sees fit among the team.

As for the loot threshold, basically that's saying what level of item you want to bother with any of the above. If it's set to common you use your chosen loot method on every drop. If it's set higher, like uncommon, then you only use your loot method on those drops and better, everything else is Free for All.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 06:37 PM

Is there some trick to get "Closed Team" to work? I have this option enabled yet when I do patrol missions it is auto joining me on each and every patrol. Very annoying!

Archived Post 02-03-2010 06:42 PM

Make sure you're setting your Looking For Group mode to something other than Open Teaming. The Closed Team option is just for when you're making a team, not for joining.