Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   STO Crafting System, is a Joke!!! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=101679)

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:12 PM

STO Crafting System, is a Joke!!!

I just spent 5 Days Collecting Samples and spent over 300,000 credits (buying remaining samples) to "unlock" the Crafting System, and I just learned it was a complete waste of time!

I was told there was a crafting system and appearently there is not. And I know Cryptic doesn't care, nor is going to refund my credits for a major broken system.

I'm very disappointed in you Cryptic.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:17 PM

Is it just me or is it common knowledge that the crafting system hasn't been implemented yet?

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:19 PM

its been common knowledge since the game was in closed beta that the crafting system wasnt implemented, even from looking at it from a completely fresh viewpoint i couldnt see the actual point in crafting.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:22 PM

I, for one, like the slow gain aspect. Crafting should be the result of effort over time. Even moreso than leveling a character to cap.

Top tier crafters should not be common, it would make it pointless to be a top tier crafter. Saving a few credits crafting your own whatever will not even get you 1% of invested money back. This is a good thing. Your hard earned skill will be your source of income instead of trying to strugle in flooded, low profit high turnover markets.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Awarkle (Post 1908434)
its been common knowledge since the game was in closed beta that the crafting system wasnt implemented, even from looking at it from a completely fresh viewpoint i couldnt see the actual point in crafting.

So in other words, this guy dumped all this stuff into crafting.. didn't get anywhere.. and gets mad at Cryptic because he lacks the ability to research something before diving in that far?

Ok. Just checking.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 11:39 PM

Excuse me, because I recall the Devs saying at the last days of Open Beta that is was in and there were people both in Beta and Live, saying it is working.

So if they were lying, then Cryptic wasn't telling their customers that crafting was still not in and anyone trying is just wasting their time outside of Mk2 upgrades. So yes, Cryptic is responsible.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:26 AM

Research (I prefer this term over crafting) is in, its just not that great IMHO

quick mission from egg to Memory Alpha, hanfd in smaple, then thats it, no other guidance on what your supposed to do, or how to do it

from what i have gathered you need to research 62 items with Romaine, then you go onto the next tier.
Sadly I can get better gear (Blues etc) from Fleet actions so Research seems to be kinda pointless and a time sink

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:39 AM

from what I recall cryptic telling us in beta, this IS the crafting system how it is now, though they did say they will consider seriously making changes to it if enough people show interest/complain about the current system. Myself personally I would love to see some form of experimentation crafting system put in to improve items you currently have which would actually work in line with the lore pretty well.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:57 AM

Crafting in Memory Alpha is working but i my self dont think they really tested this one out full its not balanced good yet.

atm no players really have an clue how much to craft to get to next level. And cryptic employe have not been been to good at comunicate with us how it work. But few player started to making post how they did it.

seams it about 30 crafted item before you get to next lev. ( not only the hypo and shield boost) you need to craft even the higher item that require the lev 2 sample. if you craft about 1 item of each... of all possible. then you just need to craft a few extra to get lev up to next tier.

most post i seen suggest that you have turnd in around 75-100 sample of each lev 2. (light blue) and probably around 300 of each from the tier 1 (red)

Atm i see an big issue with this ammount. since in groups mission there is about 3-5 player fighting for the sample and atm u only get the lev 2 sample between the the the mission up to lev 6-12 i would guess.
(so if want to lev up im basicly forced to turn off grouping in mission ) or i would be rank 30 before have all sample i need) and then the lev 2 crafter item is not good enogh for me.

a sollution would be that you could get the lev 2 sample in the explorer mission but all those misson you only find lev 1 sample so only way now to get it is to fly around and fight for anomoly in the sector space in explorer zone. and it can take 1 hour before you get 10 sample of each lev 2.

spent alot of hours just farming anomoly in the sector space in the explorer zone. and got up to rank 16 before i could advance to next lev.

So atleast i hope they lower the amount you need to get to lev 2 crafter in alpha or they implement lev 2 sample in the explorer mission when you scan anomolys. or alow us to trade in lev 1 sample for lev 2 and such on. (ofcorse all the new lev of explorer zone should have the curent sample adjusting to the lev of the zone.)

Archived Post 02-04-2010 01:04 AM

why the hell would you spend 300,000, to get the reaming samples?