Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Gold/Energy spammers (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102070)

Archived Post 02-04-2010 05:57 AM

Gold/Energy spammers

Is cryptic able to do anything about these please, before they overrun your game with junk, spam and the like? I.P. Ban if you must, but please do something about the incessant spamming.

What gets me lol, is that dont these sites know that constantly spamming you doesnt make you want to come to their site?

Please do something about this before it gets any more rampant that it is already.

And yes before everyone hops on the bandwagon, being a IT professional myself, I understand that what I have just asked is a major undertaking for any NetOp's to deal with, regardless of game. However there are some simple things you can do to send a message, and to control alot of it.

Trying to enjoy the game last nite after the 38th private message spam in 18 minutes I finally disabled Private messages so I would not be disturbed by these stupid people. and I use the term correctly, stupid cause they know better and are doing it anyway.:mad:

Archived Post 02-04-2010 06:12 AM

bump back to top

Archived Post 02-04-2010 06:15 AM

Yeah, ive been spammed by about 20 mails so far, it's really annoying ;(

Archived Post 02-04-2010 06:21 AM

Agreed, get rid of the seller spammers, really annoying.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 06:23 AM

I never had this problem when I played MxO all those years ago.

Now I'm getting spammed for gold. :(

Archived Post 02-04-2010 06:24 AM

Cryptic, can you just code something into the email system so we can 'report' these guys and you can ban them? Yeah, I'm a graphic designer so to me it's really easy to say 'just code that in' lol, but seriously can that be done?

Thanks.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 06:25 AM

Getting real tired of these morons... I know have free 30 days until march but will say this..

CRYPTIC IF YOU DO NOT GET RID OF THESE GOLD SPAMMERS WILL NOT RENEW MY SUBSCIPTION COME MARCH...

Tired of seeing same gold spammers in my mail box after I hit the report spammers button. Ignore does not work when used on these spammers, they keep sending me tells in which had to unclick it so no one will be abled to send me any tells..

Archived Post 02-04-2010 06:29 AM

It isn't just mail that they're getting at, they are sending /tells as well.

Please, do something about this. Add some privacy settings for chat, such as only accept /tell from people on your friends/fleet list. The last thing I want when I'm trying to enjoy a game is to get messaged/mailed by some gold spammer trying to sell a product that I know breaks down a game's economy and wrecks it so that you either have to have a top-notch farming group or have to buy their product.

On top of cracking down on the way these spammers operate, STO needs to nip the actual buying/selling process in the rear now and say that anyone caught buying and/or selling in-game currency for real-life currency will have their account (and possibly IP) banned immediately.

With those 2 measures, we may at least help slow the progression of STO energy credit sales.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalarion
Getting real tired of these morons... I know have free 30 days until march but will say this..

CRYPTIC IF YOU DO NOT GET RID OF THESE GOLD SPAMMERS WILL NOT RENEW MY SUBSCIPTION COME MARCH...

Tired of seeing same gold spammers in my mail box after I hit the report spammers button. Ignore does not work when used on these spammers, they keep sending me tells in which had to unclick it so no one will be abled to send me any tells..

Feb. Only has 28 days

Archived Post 02-04-2010 08:10 AM

yeah gives pause to the monthly thing. Many games had to include in their system the privatcy settings. RIght now I just have to leave my Private message settings off, just so I dont have to see/listen to that. but this hinders me communicating with others BECAUSE I have to do that.