Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Tier 3: Klingons Even more overpowered (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102766)

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:43 PM

Tier 3: Klingons Even more overpowered
 
Tier 1: It's okay
Tier 2: Overpowered
Tier 3: You crazy?

First off Cryptic, nice having Federations and Klingons spawn immediately at the Start of the Resource Battle. Really makes sense. :rolleyes:

4 Tier 3 BoPs and 1 K'T'inga vs 3 Federation Heavy Cruisers and 3 Escort Cruisers, over in 30 seconds. 1 Loss on the Klingon side, and 3 Federation losses.


Still think they aren't overpowered? :rolleyes:


So what's Tier 4 and Tier 5 going to be like? :confused:

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azurian (Post 1921036)
4 Tier 3 BoPs and 1 K'T'inga vs 3 Federation Heavy Cruisers and 3 Escort Cruisers, over in 30 seconds. 1 Loss on the Klingon side, and 3 Federation losses.

Feds win most space PvP battles in T3. Want to know why you lost? The absolute hardest thing for Klingons to counter is a healing/debuffing science ship. You had none. The easiest thing for Klingons to kill? Escorts, you had 3.

A focus firing ball of 2 science ships and 2-3 cruisers is pretty much unstoppable.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:52 PM

Yes, a focus firing ball of cruisers and science ship forces klingons to engine battery + evasive maneuvers so often that they feel like they had to work for their victory. :rolleyes:

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antilles1 (Post 1921095)
Feds win most space PvP battles in T3. Want to know why you lost? The absolute hardest thing for Klingons to counter is a healing/debuffing science ship. You had none. The easiest thing for Klingons to kill? Escorts, you had 3.A focus firing ball of 2 science ships and 2-3 cruisers is pretty much unstoppable.


Exactly this - no Science Ship, I was getting shot at 10km cloaked earlier by a science ship
I didn't think they could see me that far, but obviously they could

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:56 PM

Yup, must have been a real annoyance to lose ultimate advantage #1 and have to resort to ultimate advantage #2 to get out of there.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rothnang
Yes, a focus firing ball of cruisers and science ship forces klingons to engine battery + evasive maneuvers so often that they feel like they had to work for their victory. :rolleyes:

A good, well rounded (science ships that heal/debuff and cruisers), Fed group using voice comms will beat an equally good premade Klingon group most of the time. Come roll some Klingons if you don't believe me.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:58 PM

Klingons have an advantage in T1
Federation have an advantage in T2 (Lack of T2 Klingon Cruiser)
T3-T5 are pretty balanced.

It's not Cryptics fault that you don't have good ship balance and utilize a wide range of helpful BO skills. I.e Engineering team, Reverse shield polarity, Extend shields etc.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:58 PM

lol, nice one op

Archived Post 02-04-2010 12:58 PM

double post

Archived Post 02-04-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azurian (Post 1921036)
Tier 1: It's okay
Tier 2: Overpowered
Tier 3: You crazy?

First off Cryptic, nice having Federations and Klingons spawn immediately at the Start of the Resource Battle. Really makes sense. :rolleyes:

4 Tier 3 BoPs and 1 K'T'inga vs 3 Federation Heavy Cruisers and 3 Escort Cruisers, over in 30 seconds. 1 Loss on the Klingon side, and 3 Federation losses.


Still think they aren't overpowered? :rolleyes:


So what's Tier 4 and Tier 5 going to be like? :confused:

This just makes me think you dont know how to setup a premade, and have no idea what abilities your ships should be using.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:42 AM.