Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Aceton Field, ground, space, bug? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102842)

Archived Post 02-04-2010 01:30 PM

Aceton Field, ground, space, bug?

Ok, some officers I see have Aceton Field as a ground capability. One officer of mine had this as a space ability, when I put her on a ship she could not use it. If I tried to change it with something else I got a Node not found message. So I bought two more officers, and they did not have this trait.

But now, they suddenly acquired it as a lvl4 space trait. One is Aceton Field II and the other is III (in the lvl4 spot). I will try to change them, but I fear I get the same error and have to get rid of them.

Are any others experiencing this?

Archived Post 02-04-2010 01:35 PM

Aceton Field is a space ability, but for some reason the tooltips that pop up on BO candidates show it in the ground section. It's a strange glitch that will hopefully get fixed soon.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkalius80
Aceton Field is a space ability, but for some reason the tooltips that pop up on BO candidates show it in the ground section. It's a strange glitch that will hopefully get fixed soon.

Well, that's good to know. But when I try to use it in a station, that ability won't show. I.e. it can't be used in space at this moment. At least I have never been able to.

But the stranger thing is that the game decided to add these to my lvl4 abilities without me altering them. And lvl2 Aceton Field in a lvl4 slot, for example.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 01:50 PM

Hmm, Aceton Field is *currently incorrectly listed as* a GROUND Engr officer skill that is available at the lt. Commander/Commander level of a Bridge officer. They have to be at that rank to be available for use (Lt. Commander for Aceton 1, and Commander for Aceton 2)

Now it *might* be a bug that it is not listed as a SPACE attk, so petition it if that is correct.

Also, you mention Lvl 2 and lvl 3 of the Ability, if that is also true then you must have found a rare bridge officer with a higher level skill than the normal officers available for use at Starbase. If this is true and you love that power, I suggest either holding onto that BOff because of the value of those high tier powers or selling it for a very high value on the exchange (one it actually works/starts to be a reasonable place to sell)

*edited for accuracy*

Archived Post 02-04-2010 02:02 PM

The first one was a standard bulk officer. The second one was an uncommon, and the third one is a rare. But none of these had the skill when I first employed them, except the first one. Since I could not use it on the first one, in space, I made sure when I procured the two others that they did not have it. And now, they have. So somehow they were given this skill somewhere along the line without my knowledge.

Archived Post 02-04-2010 02:29 PM

Oooh....bonus powers?! That is weird! Are you an engineer? I don't know much about the skill tree but don't you have access to Aceton Field III with enough skill points invested? Maybe the bug is that you are somehow, someway, "training" your officers just by having them in your crew?

That would be the weirdest bug that I would gladly love to inherit (if the power actually worked that is). Imagine having all your same careered bridge officers learning your high tier attacks JUST by serving time on your crew, with none of their other abilities lost! Talk about a "happy accident" ! Sounds like your crew are destined to be a part of my ship. = )

Archived Post 02-04-2010 02:30 PM

I'm a tactical officer :) And I would be thankful too, if only I could use the powers in space but the game won't let me ;)

Archived Post 02-04-2010 08:41 PM

I have this issue as well, and it has broken 3 of my engineers now, including my borg. I can't replace the aceton skill with another one, either through buying or training. This bug is gimping my engineers T_T

Archived Post 02-07-2010 03:55 PM

I got a Very Rare Engieering BO with this problem now, pity. I hope they are aware of this issue though, I bug reported it a long time ago and I reckon others did as well. Still no processing on it though.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 07:51 PM

my borg bridge officer has this ability and i'm unable to replace it with anything else because of this bug :(