Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   ground pve missions? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=103328)

Archived Post 02-04-2010 07:59 PM

ground pve missions?

is there a map for pve ground missions, similar to the Kahles space mission? have a mission to defeat 50 npc ground troops and cannot find any maps that are pve ground combat.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 05:56 AM

anybody? or does the lack of a reply indicate that there isn't such a map or mission

Archived Post 02-05-2010 06:05 AM

Yes there is. I can't remember the name of the system tho ..sorry

Archived Post 02-05-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grecanis (Post 1934563)
Yes there is. I can't remember the name of the system tho ..sorry

well that does help a little, thank you. I will keep looking and if anyone can note the name of the planet I need, that would be very apprecated

Archived Post 02-05-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendo33
is there a map for pve ground missions, similar to the Kahles space mission? have a mission to defeat 50 npc ground troops and cannot find any maps that are pve ground combat.

What's the name of the ground mission, I don't recall seeing it.

What level character?

Archived Post 02-05-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STObee
What's the name of the ground mission, I don't recall seeing it.

What level character?

it's called - the most dangerous game - ground

I got it shortly after starting my character. had a similar mission but it was kill 50 NPC ships, which was obviously a piece of cake with Kahless. in the mission journal, it's listed as a LT 6 mission level.

and the description is a bit odd, but put it down to some of cryptics cut and paste proof reading :D

it says to kill non-player ships in any ground resource battle, empire defense or star cluster.

so unless there is a hangar base somewhere that I can find grounded ships, it will be tough to finish. the other strange thing is that it shows a progress of 9/50. I didn't notice when that number increased but it's been sitting there all week.

by the way, is the kill 50 npc ships mission supposed to be repeatable? I think I have received that mission 2 or 3 times but haven't seen it lately. maybe this is a bugged version of that mission? have been debating just dropping it but I was more interested to find out if there is at least 1 pve ground mission to run. my bridge officers are getting cabin fever cuz they never get to leave the ship :)

Archived Post 02-05-2010 01:02 PM

Honest answer is no

However there is a fleet mission - Ice mining - I think its in the yabot system. Only two fleet missions in klingon space so if not one its the other.

The NPC's here require a team of 5 to beat in any number but I think you will get credit for any NPC killed even if you have not shot him.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 01:03 PM

Maybe boarding party ships, shuttles ect count as npc ships?