Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   Waiting for editing server.... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1033511)

mickcasanova 02-24-2014 06:14 PM

Waiting for editing server....

Hi there,

I've had an issue with the Foundry for a few years now. When I was on Win XP, I was able to get it to run with no problem. But sometime after I went to Win 7 64, all I get is "waiting for editing server to startup and patching foundry updates". This always happens when I attempt to create a mission. The game will eventually time out and dump me to the login screen.

I have tried various fixes, and none seems to work. I disabled on demand patching, did a complete reinstall, nothing seems to matter. The game plays fine, I just can't seem to get the Foundry to work beyond character creation. Once I try to create a mission its all over.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

kirksplat 02-24-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickcasanova (Post 15332871)
Hi there,

I've had an issue with the Foundry for a few years now. When I was on Win XP, I was able to get it to run with no problem. But sometime after I went to Win 7 64, all I get is "waiting for editing server to startup and patching foundry updates". This always happens when I attempt to create a mission. The game will eventually time out and dump me to the login screen.

I have tried various fixes, and none seems to work. I disabled on demand patching, did a complete reinstall, nothing seems to matter. The game plays fine, I just can't seem to get the Foundry to work beyond character creation. Once I try to create a mission its all over.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Do you have any existing projects? If so, try loading into one and then exiting, before creating a new project.

mickcasanova 02-24-2014 07:32 PM

I have attempted this, however... I don't have a current project, and although the one I had attempted to create was there when I reloaded the game, I still get the same message when I try to load that. I've been trying to figure this out for a very long time. I have yet to find a solution that works, nor have I ever seen a post by Cryptic even acknowledging that there is even a problem.

kirksplat 02-24-2014 07:40 PM

hm... I really have no idea. Your problem sounds unique and weird.

You have a test toon, correct? And you have foundry slots?

mickcasanova 02-24-2014 08:50 PM

Sure do. I've even tried deleting and recreating the toon as well.

latiasracer 03-03-2014 05:35 AM

Got the same problem here, Tried to create a project this morning on a character i made about 7 months ago, and i'm stuck with the same message as OP. I left it for a good hour, with no progress..

Not tried making another character yet, Not to keen to waste the dil on it though

i8472 03-03-2014 04:36 PM

is on demand patching disabled in options for the launcher?

try disabling on demand patching see if that helps?

mickcasanova 03-06-2014 11:27 AM

Been there done that. Makes no difference if ODP is enabled or disabled. I still get the same result.

trillscientist 03-10-2014 08:23 AM

I have the same problem, ever since season 8 launched.

At one point cypticfrost said he would look into it, but that was a month or 2 ago, and I have not heard anything.
Every few patches (especially if those patches contain any "foundry fixes") I try to edit my old missions or create a new mission, but I always get stuck on "waiting for editing server to startup and patching foundry updates".

If I do a "netstat -n -b" while the message is displayed I get a dozen or so connections to various cryptic servers all with a "waiting" status, plus one connection "established" (probably the active login - at this point I am still connected to some server). After a minute or two all the "waiting" connections die, and the one active connection remains. Again, I strongly suspect that this is just me being logged in, or possibly the connection to the chat server.

If somebody at cryptic actually cares I can provide the exact IP adresses and port numbers.

crypticfrost 03-11-2014 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trillscientist (Post 15598781)
I have the same problem, ever since season 8 launched.

At one point cypticfrost said he would look into it, but that was a month or 2 ago, and I have not heard anything.
Every few patches (especially if those patches contain any "foundry fixes") I try to edit my old missions or create a new mission, but I always get stuck on "waiting for editing server to startup and patching foundry updates".

If I do a "netstat -n -b" while the message is displayed I get a dozen or so connections to various cryptic servers all with a "waiting" status, plus one connection "established" (probably the active login - at this point I am still connected to some server). After a minute or two all the "waiting" connections die, and the one active connection remains. Again, I strongly suspect that this is just me being logged in, or possibly the connection to the chat server.

If somebody at cryptic actually cares I can provide the exact IP adresses and port numbers.

Sorry about not following up, no excuses, I just dropped the ball. I've no new information at this time.

I'll gladly take the info you've got and pass it on. That's all I can do as I don't personally have anything to do with the network side of things.