Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Fleet System and Holdings (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Holding contribution tracker (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1039531)

sqwished 03-02-2014 09:36 AM

Holding contribution tracker

Hopefully this post will get some half decent support, and Cryptic might eventually take note and implement this suggestion.

But I think some sort of tracker for contributions to fleet holding projects on an individual project basis would be a good idea. I mean I know certain fleets put in place rules concerning donations and what not and its not always easy to track what people are putting in. So I would really like to see a tracker of some sort to be included some where within the game.

daqhegh 03-02-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sqwished (Post 15455511)
Hopefully this post will get some half decent support, and Cryptic might eventually take note and implement this suggestion.

But I think some sort of tracker for contributions to fleet holding projects on an individual project basis would be a good idea. I mean I know certain fleets put in place rules concerning donations and what not and its not always easy to track what people are putting in. So I would really like to see a tracker of some sort to be included some where within the game.

Uhm....there already is one.

It's called the "Leaderboard." Everyone who contributes is on there. It isn't a direct tracking method, but it does exist and it does work.

sqwished 03-02-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daqhegh (Post 15456781)
Uhm....there already is one.

It's called the "Leaderboard." Everyone who contributes is on there. It isn't a direct tracking method, but it does exist and it does work.

I'd have never of thought of that! But thank you for pointing out the obvious. Back to the point at hand Yes I know the leader board is there but when your dealing with a fleet that has several hundred members and your looking for proverbial needle in hay stack the leader board just isn't sufficient enough.

peetapipmac 03-02-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sqwished (Post 15458051)
I'd have never of thought of that! But thank you for pointing out the obvious. Back to the point at hand Yes I know the leader board is there but when your dealing with a fleet that has several hundred members and your looking for proverbial needle in hay stack the leader board just isn't sufficient enough.

Actually it works just fine.

starkaos 03-02-2014 12:45 PM

There is also the Roster that you can select the last column so it shows total contributions. Handy for those fleets that require X Fleet Credits to be promoted to the next level so players can purchase items from the Fleet Store.

sqwished 03-02-2014 03:02 PM

What I'm getting at is the means to examine in detail who's put what and how much into a given project. such as the storage log for the fleet bank which details who's put what and how much

starkaos 03-02-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sqwished (Post 15461031)
What I'm getting at is the means to examine in detail who's put what and how much into a given project. such as the storage log for the fleet bank which details who's put what and how much

Given how many fleets are out there and how many people donate numerous things each day, then the data required for such a system would be completely insane. So 50 different people could donate to the same project in a day. At least with the fleet bank, it is only used occasionally.

jbmaverick 03-02-2014 07:55 PM

Why is it so important to know the exact details of what has been contributed and to what project? I guess I could see the specifics of the materials being possibly important if you want to make sure they aren't just donating the easy stuff, but why the specific projects?

cyckath 03-02-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkaos (Post 15458751)
There is also the Roster that you can select the last column so it shows total contributions. Handy for those fleets that require X Fleet Credits to be promoted to the next level so players can purchase items from the Fleet Store.

Thanks, didn't know this and will hopefully find it handy.

daqhegh 03-03-2014 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbmaverick (Post 15465931)
Why is it so important to know the exact details of what has been contributed and to what project? I guess I could see the specifics of the materials being possibly important if you want to make sure they aren't just donating the easy stuff, but why the specific projects?

Because some fleet overlords are WAY too controlling. I assume this guy is, or is becoming, one of them.