Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Foundry Challenge #9 Discussion Thread - VOTING Has Begun Until 7/4/14 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1042411)

pwecaptainsmirk 03-05-2014 12:30 PM

Foundry Challenge #9 Discussion Thread - VOTING Has Begun Until 7/4/14

Quote:

Foundry Challenge #9: The Mirror of Romulus

This is the comments thread for Foundry Challenge #9: The Mirror of Romulus.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked.

This is the first Foundry Challenge I will be overseeing, so come on Forum Folks, show me what ya' got! Oh, and since this is a Mirror event, I expect to see some evil Goatees! :cool:

ashkrik23 03-05-2014 12:40 PM

Good luck to all the participants.

onlyslightlybent 03-05-2014 12:43 PM

Foundry challenge 9! my Man!. You did not disappoint.

mandoknight89 03-05-2014 12:45 PM

I'll be interested in the results... outside of the Mirror ships, we have basically no idea what the Mirror Romulans are like...

zorbane 03-05-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandoknight89 (Post 15522661)
I'll be interested in the results... outside of the Mirror ships, we have basically no idea what the Mirror Romulans are like...

Gives you the author full control of who they are!

drogyn1701 03-05-2014 12:54 PM

Sounds like a great challenge and this is perfect timing, because unless I am mistaken, Greendragoon is going to teach us all how to build a great Romulan city on tonight's Foundry Roundtable!

twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable at 5:30 p.m. U.S. Mountain. I won't be there tonight sadly, but I'll be able to watch it when he gets it up on youtube.

On a personal note I'm strongly considering entering the contest cause it sounds like fun. Only issue is I already have a spotlight mission for each faction... but then again if I win, maybe I can convince Smirk to spotlight the second place finisher :)

mandoknight89 03-05-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorbane (Post 15522751)
Gives you the author full control of who they are!

That's why I said I'd be interested in the results: see what different authors think of how the Mirror Romulans have turned out...

rtk142 03-05-2014 01:22 PM

Foundry Challenge #9 Discussion Thread

You know I had been toying with a few ideas for something like this for awhile now. Wish I was more familiar with the foundry so I could actually take part in this one, but I have a question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk (Post 15522361)
and throw in some evil looking Goatees to boot!

how can we throw in some goatees when we can't have facial hair on Romulan males?

pwecaptainsmirk 03-05-2014 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtk142 (Post 15523341)
how can we throw in some goatees when we can't have facial hair on Romulan males?

That is part of the challenge, plus, i never said the goatee had to be on a Romulan.

Oh and for the Romulan Mirror ships, make sure they have some yellow on them :)

Good luck everyone!

~CaptainSmirk

drogyn1701 03-05-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtk142 (Post 15523341)
You know I had been toying with a few ideas for something like this for awhile now. Wish I was more familiar with the foundry so I could actually take part in this one, but I have a question.

*psst* select alien instead of Romulan as the species in the costume creator, make a guy that looks like a Romulan and then put a beard on him.