Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   conni in STF (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1044251)

torgaddon101 03-07-2014 03:55 AM

conni in STF

I took my conni into and elite sft..

retro weapons etc..

the amount off abuse I got... from hardened STF'ers..

NOOB...

I was only using retro phasers, cause numpties don't know how to control torpedo fire, and keep blowing up the gens too fast..

so i used my sci boff to repulse the spheres..

what a battering i got...

Plz don't mention elite pvp..!

they don't like my yellowstones...

crashdragon 03-07-2014 04:00 AM

I once took in a Miranda. Cause I was bored.

Wasn't called anything nasty, they just served me my warp core on a shiny Latinum plate.

=3

oewefreestar 03-07-2014 04:28 AM

I use a Mk I phaser stun pistol on the ground only because I've gotten into roleplaying STO. It gets boring going in there and pwning face so much so I like to challenge myself :P

ironically, it is actually good enough to take down borg pretty fast. Once I get their shields down that is lol (and with my tachyeon harmonics ability that takes like 2 seconds)

revandarklighter 03-07-2014 04:35 AM

I'd always be up for fun actions like that if they are planned....
But in an open STF-Q this should be forbidden, sorry.

You wouldn't get hate from me, I'd just leave if i'd see someone doing that. And he'd end on my igno. I understand that you are bored, but other are not and do that for marks and depend on a team. And you are ruining their game. And that is a very antisocial behavior.

jockey1979 03-07-2014 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revandarklighter (Post 15554221)

You wouldn't get hate from me, I'd just leave if i'd see someone doing that. And he'd end on my igno. I understand that you are bored, but other are not and do that for marks and depend on a team. And you are ruining their game. And that is a very antisocial behavior.

Kinda have to agree with this.

In a private group, whatever goes if your group allow, but a lot of people use the public queue system as solo players, who are grinding marks, leveling up alts etc....

I'm all for choices in the game, I'm all for few restrictions if any at all, but I also think you should be considerate to other players and not mess with their gameplay.

peetapipmac 03-07-2014 04:53 AM

Quote:

As long as they are holding their own in the fight (and I've seen some people in tier 1 ships completely out fly some top of the line ships) I really have no issue with it. Hell, I've done it myself a few times with my (now mothballed) mirranda and I currently enjoy doing it in my TOS connie the U.S.S. BLUE FALCON. Loads of fun.

mirrorchaos 03-07-2014 09:06 AM

ive always wanted to fly a miranda in an stf, but ive never had the equipment to do it.

you ask if you had? i would take the miranda into the fight and if people curse me, so what, i go out there show em what a t1 miranda can do! it beats up some ships well then there is hope for a t5 miranda... just one day enough support comes for it :rolleyes:

deathsremnant 03-07-2014 09:40 AM

Shouldve did that in a private match...just another reason they need to ban pre 40 ships in elites...you basically handicapped your team, which could have caused a optional fail.

Dont agree with the name calling, I wouldve asked everyone to simply leave you to solo the stf, then go spend a hour either farming Kerrat or chatting in esd lol...if people want to troll let them...just let them troll alone

capemike4 03-07-2014 09:53 AM

Quote:

Funny you should mention that...I've been considering trying to put together some fun STF action with Tier-1 and 2 ships...I'm not much of an organizer, though...I generally just suggest the ideas, and let someone else work out the logistics....

...that said, though, I'm -all in- on a pure Tier-1 STF run or 2...; though on my main lv 50 Fed character, my TOS Connie's going in there with the best equipment I can put on it, aside from the Retro Phaser banks, which stay out of pure nostalgia...; toss me a message in-game, sometime! :D

cbrjwrr 03-07-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathsremnant (Post 15558591)
Shouldve did that in a private match...just another reason they need to ban pre 40 ships in elites...you basically handicapped your team, which could have caused a optional fail.

Extending that logic , a person doing 5k DPS in some 2500 Zen super-ship is allowed to stay yet someone kicking out 10k DPS with their little Miranda has to leave purely because they've turned up with their little Miranda?

Granted, there aren't many people capable of out-gunning T5s with T1s, but that doesn't mean those who can do it shouldn't be allowed to.