Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Reman or Hirogen? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=104533)

Archived Post 02-05-2010 11:55 AM

Reman or Hirogen?

Ok, so we all know Romulans are popular, but what do you guys and gals who don't want to be a romulan be when their faction comes out?

Personally i favour the Remans, they are actually developing in power have cool black warbirds and look menacing and cool when you see them.

Where as the Hirogens are idiots, let holograms defeat them and are basicly mercenaries. The only good thing going for them is the armour and how tall they are.

What do you think?

Archived Post 02-05-2010 11:56 AM

wat

Archived Post 02-05-2010 11:58 AM

There is very little on the Remans but I think they are certainly worth exploring :)

I'm trying to make one of my BOs as a Reman but I can't figure out how to get the right facial stuff on the character maker.

From the little we know they would be nasty in a fight!

Archived Post 02-05-2010 11:59 AM

I've fought them in the game and the remans are harsh on the ground with their psy attacks and defenses.

I'm hoping when the faction comes out it will include additional lore on them.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
Ok, so we all know Romulans are popular, but what do you guys and gals who don't want to be a romulan be when their faction comes out?

Personally i favour the Remans, they are actually developing in power have cool black warbirds and look menacing and cool when you see them.

Where as the Hirogens are idiots, let holograms defeat them and are basicly mercenaries. The only good thing going for them is the armour and how tall they are.

What do you think?

Lets bring out some other more well developed bad guys before we crank up on teh remans. I mean what they were in an episode.

I say bring on the cardasians.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 12:02 PM

I hope the Remans stay on their new world and leave the rest of the galaxy alone. They are half of the two worst things about Romulans in the recent movies (the other half is the new look--tattoos and spiky ships).

The Romulans from TNG/DS9 were perfect, thank you very much.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 12:10 PM

Oh, you mean the Dark Elves or Drow of Star Trek?

I am sure they will make an appearance, but I'll probably be choosing Romulan or something else.

Hirogen are...wannabe-Predators. (God, the last few years of Star Trek came up with some pretty stolen/copied concepts!) They will probably be attached to one faction or another. If the Dominion faction makes it in game, probably them, but the bets are on Romulans being the next faction and...probably Cardassia after that.

For any Hirogen fans, that means quite a long wait.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vagorin (Post 1941093)
Lets bring out some other more well developed bad guys before we crank up on teh remans. I mean what they were in an episode.

I say bring on the cardasians.

Well they were the whole reason the Romulan Senate was kill in Nemesis, they weren't in an episode they were in a film. One even molested Troi with his psychic powers.

Romulan, Reman and Hirogen are all one Faction

Its possible the Cardassian faction will be Cardassians, Jem'hadar and Vorta. I don't as yet know if i'm right since i've not gone to cardassian space yet.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Danar

What do you think?

The hirogen armor- in one episode of st voyager- the one hirogen was telling a story of how good thier armor was while he was hunting on the surface of a neutron star- thats pretty heavy - the weight ratio is like having the entire human population condensed into a sugar cube.

so defo hirogen with thier armor!!!!

Archived Post 02-05-2010 12:28 PM

I really hope that Cryptic have a good plan for introducing any new races into the game. I can't think of many games that have 4 factions cause your making it harder for players to find groups for PvP and raids. And both Romulan and Cardassian have the added problem of not being in at launch so either be appealing enough to draw players away from their established characters or attract new players to STO. As such I really hope its sooner rather than later that we see them as after a 6 month or a year people that are still playing will be fairly established in fleets and not want to return to noob status. At least not as a main character.