Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   t3 pvp - queues in general (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=104680)

Archived Post 02-05-2010 02:36 PM

t3 pvp - queues in general

OKay I have had to leave every single pvp match I have entered so far at t3, it happened in t2 as well, but not as much.

Join ground pvp, ghost ship....notice im the only blue bleep on the map. See 5 red ones closing in on me....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU *run*

Spend 5 minutes running around telling myself "any minute now, I'll see 4 more blue blips pop up!" ....then just beam out because it doesnt happen. WHY do your queues allow this instead of waiting till 5 freakin people are in them on both sides to start the game?

Happens in ship pvp too, to the point I just zone in, see the 5 klingons, and warp out.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 02:39 PM

It's because you're on Fed side. Make a Klingon and look at the huge disparity in #s of people queued for each map.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Rabbit
It's because you're on Fed side. Make a Klingon and look at the huge disparity in #s of people queued for each map.

sorry, klingons are too ugly =\ if I made one id have to stab myself. in the eyes.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 09:25 PM

and yet the feds want FvF they claim because their lines are to long. When infact there are not enough feds to go around in the ques.

The issue you were having is easily explained. The que system does not work as intended. here is what happens. Que sees there are 5 feds and 5 klingons qued. It sends out the invites. You clicked your and went in the 5 klingons clicked theirs and went in. 4 of the feds were in another pvp and thus auto declined or they pressed hide either way the system waits the full time then looks for more feds to invite who might be in another battle so the same thing happens.

The system should be designed to remove a person or group from the ques once their enter a match. IF they hit hide it should immediatly look for the next person instead of waiting the full time before replacing them.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 11:34 PM

And let's not forget ground pvp maps just suck ever since they raised the kills to 40. It's just not worth wasting all that time on Medals when you could just PVE on and outlevel that tier in a few days.

In OB I PVPd more than I PVEd, outfitted my ship with nice greens and once I finished doing that I went out and completed my storyline PVE.
Now ... as I said: the Qs, the meagre rewards, the slow progress on one hand - zergstyle groundmaps on the other hand - blah. Not worth it.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 12:08 AM

Check my sig. But I'll just sum up the relevant bit:

Currently, players can join 3 queues.

So game 1 pops up and you join.
While you are in game 1, games 2 & 3 pop up but you don't see if because you're in game 1.
Games 2 and 3 start without you (short handed) and they attempt to get the next person in the list.
The next person in the list is also in another game because he also queued for 3 games.

As people keep timing out, the match keeps going down the list doing invites. It can easily take several minutes before anyone actually joins.

They need to either remove us from the queues when we join a game or the queues need to recognize that once we've gotten an invite, it should not attempt to put us into any matches until we cancel that invite or finish the match.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 04:22 AM

dont play ground pvp then? this game is obviously not meant to be played and the ground...thats the only possible explanation for that crappy and sluggish thing they call ground combat

Archived Post 02-06-2010 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S0R0N
And let's not forget ground pvp maps just suck ever since they raised the kills to 40. It's just not worth wasting all that time on Medals when you could just PVE on and outlevel that tier in a few days.

In OB I PVPd more than I PVEd, outfitted my ship with nice greens and once I finished doing that I went out and completed my storyline PVE.
Now ... as I said: the Qs, the meagre rewards, the slow progress on one hand - zergstyle groundmaps on the other hand - blah. Not worth it.

there is no pve for klingons :(

Archived Post 02-06-2010 05:49 AM

I don't know why people complain about the queues putting them in ground maps solo. Even if it's 5 v 1 why not make a fight of it anyway? Unless the other side are mostly science there's a very good chance that you'll get a few killls in with the way cone AoE weapons are in this game, hell it's all worth it when you get matches like that and by the time backup arrives for you you're actually winning, how embarrassing is that for the other side?