Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Tier skill progression and Hazaard emitters (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=104767)

Archived Post 02-05-2010 02:30 PM

Tier skill progression and Hazaard emitters
 
Okay... checking the formula that Cryptic generally has for skills is that each BO skill is generally affected by 3 skills your toon has... and the general rules are

Tier 1 skill of the appropriate class. - 18 pt
1 of the Tier 2 skill of the appropriate name - 30 pt
1 of the tier 3-5 skill of the appropriate name. - 52 pt

Total of 100% buff if unskilled (twice as powerful)

Eg Scramble sensors are affected by
Tier 1: Starship operations training
Tier 2: Starship Sensors
skill 3: Starship sensor probes

I tested... roughly every 18 pts = 1 extra second in duration of scramble sensors I even though it doesn't say it's affected by it.

photon Torpedoes:

Tier 1: projectileweapons training
tier 2: starship torpedoes
skill 3: photon projectiles

Advance escort:
Tier 1: starship command
Tier 2: escort captain
Skill 3: advance escort captain.

The list goes on....

However... has anyone else notice that HAzaard Emitters aren't affected by Starship emitters? I pumped it up so that it's +24 and it's still healing the same as it is at 0 starship emitters.

I thought it'll be affected by the following:
Tier 1: Starship operations training
tier 2: starship emitters
Skill 3: starship hazaards.

I also don't know if I should bug it or not.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 02:55 PM

Does Hazard Emitter have a secondary or tertiary effect that is being adjusted by points in Starship emitters?

As a side note, if you hit 'P' in Space and click on the Hazard Emitters skill, it should show you exactly what player skills scale its effectiveness. If Starship Emitters is listed, this is either a bug, or some other aspect of the skill is increasing in effectiveness (not the hull heal) as points are spent.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lex1138 (Post 1943775)
Does Hazard Emitter have a secondary or tertiary effect that is being adjusted by points in Starship emitters?

As a side note, if you hit 'P' in Space and click on the Hazard Emitters skill, it should show you exactly what player skills scale its effectiveness. If Starship Emitters is listed, this is either a bug, or some other aspect of the skill is increasing in effectiveness (not the hull heal) as points are spent.

like most skills it only says one thing hazaards.... but then if you check scramble sensors it only says sensor probes... but starship sensors ARE affecting it... even though nothing is said in the tooltip about it. Hence my quandry as to bug it or not.

Also if you check my above formula... it's generally accurate :D The only thing I know that doesn't follow that rule progression is subsystem power levels of a ship... (warpcore training)

The subsystems power level are affected by warp core training and the tier 3 (subsystems effectiveness) engineer skills... no tier 2 skills.... but then it specifically tells you in the tool tip about that.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brasn (Post 1943421)
Okay... checking the formula that Cryptic generally has for skills is that each BO skill is generally affected by 3 skills your toon has... and the general rules are

Tier 1 skill of the appropriate class. - 18 pt
1 of the Tier 2 skill of the appropriate name - 30 pt
1 of the tier 3-5 skill of the appropriate name. - 52 pt

Total of 100% buff if unskilled (twice as powerful)

Eg Scramble sensors are affected by
Tier 1: Starship operations training
Tier 2: Starship Sensors
skill 3: Starship sensor probes

I tested... roughly every 18 pts = 1 extra second in duration of scramble sensors I even though it doesn't say it's affected by it.

photon Torpedoes:

Tier 1: projectileweapons training
tier 2: starship torpedoes
skill 3: photon projectiles

Advance escort:
Tier 1: starship command
Tier 2: escort captain
Skill 3: advance escort captain.

The list goes on....

However... has anyone else notice that HAzaard Emitters aren't affected by Starship emitters? I pumped it up so that it's +24 and it's still healing the same as it is at 0 starship emitters.

I thought it'll be affected by the following:
Tier 1: Starship operations training
tier 2: starship emitters
Skill 3: starship hazaards.

I also don't know if I should bug it or not.

Bug it. Im 99% positive if you equip a "Emitters + dish, it goes up, so maybe the skill is bugged. Sometimes it lags, try zoning.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nashie
Bug it. Im 99% positive if you equip a "Emitters + dish, it goes up, so maybe the skill is bugged. Sometimes it lags, try zoning.

my bad! it does say emitters and it's increasing the duration rather than the pulse it heals... :( I was hoping for a bigger heal per pulse with the increase strength.

And P does show what skills it uses :P (grrr... you think they can standardise all tooltips!)

Archived Post 02-05-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brasn (Post 1948040)
And P does show what skills it uses :P (grrr... you think they can standardise all tooltips!)

[sarcasm]But then you wouldn't have to go through the "fun" of hunting down a BO with an ability, commissioning him, assigning him to a ship that has a high enough BO slot, and undocking just to find out what skills you should be training to improve said ability [/sarcasm]. (I agree, they really should improve the tooltips).

Archived Post 02-07-2010 12:12 PM

Some are listed in the database at trekdb.com

http://www.trekdb.com/ability/19

But it's very incomplete. People need to send in screenshots from their equipped powers:

http://www.trekdb.com/article/abilit...related-skills


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:48 PM.