Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   FED Tutorial Ship Interior Hallways (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1056401)

eristhevorta 03-18-2014 04:22 PM

FED Tutorial Ship Interior Hallways

I wonder if any developer has ever gotten an inquiry about this: Now since those neat hallways and bent corridors exist, also the new transporter room, engineering and sickbay ... could those be made the standard interior set for the Origin bridgeset? Simple question. ^^

~ Shy greetings, Eris.

trekbob5 03-18-2014 07:52 PM

a lot of ppl have been asking about this...they look great.

eristhevorta 03-19-2014 11:03 AM

I hope that even more people will ask about it, so it will eventually get changed, I think it would be just a minor switch to trigger and the interiors could change to those from the tutorial. :)

ltdata96 03-19-2014 11:44 AM

Would be awesome to fully customise the interior of our ships, or at least have some different styles available (not just "small", "medium" and "large"), like the special Defiant and Connie bridges do

psycoticvulcan 03-19-2014 12:44 PM

I really hope we get them. The current interiors are horrid.

rtb321 03-19-2014 03:13 PM

I Love my Defiant(Belfast) interrior, was pricey though

miri2 03-20-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan (Post 15770251)
I really hope we get them. The current interiors are horrid.

"Horrid" might be a bit of an overstatement, but I do agree they could use a lot of tightening up. The curret interiors just feel way too big and open. I know, I know, the Klingons are right when they say that Federation starships are basically luxury liners, but now that the devs have a much tighter interior ready, I'd love to see it employed on the rest of our ships.
Like ltdata said, it would be great if we could pick an interior style or something. Like having the choice between the Standard and Origin interiors in Small, Medium, and Large or something like that.
Eh, call me a dreamer. This isn't exactly the highest priority for the Devs to work on, but like a lot of posters have already said, it would be nice.

firestorm10491 03-21-2014 12:41 AM

I support the origin interior going in it is a very well done interior and I for one haven't been leaving the interior subject alone. It comes up often and Cryptic needs to stop putting its head in the sand on it. Horrid is no overstatement with the interiors below the bridge they really are an eyesore.

dareau 03-21-2014 03:59 AM

Point the first:

It's funny, the original interiors were designed for "shipboard combat", yet, to this day, not a single encounter takes place aboard the player's ship. Every shipboard fight takes place on "someone else's ship" that has a different interior layout than the "stock" starship bridge.

Wait a second, the "new" Federation tutorial has a fight on that Origin bridge (specifically designed for that combat, then repurposed/recycled into the "stock" ship interior) aboard the ship that the player's been thrust into command of...

Yet my original statement stands. Not a single "original" bridge, or any of the "original" hallways has a single phaser fired on them.

Point the second:

Therefore, the interiors now suffer from "KDF syndrome" - since nobody uses their full interiors (outside of Belfast / Connie / Freighter), it's cost-ineffective to revamp the interiors. Of course, the general consensus is that until the interiors are given a revamp, nobody wants/needs to use them.

davidwford 03-21-2014 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dareau (Post 15802031)
Point the first:

It's funny, the original interiors were designed for "shipboard combat", yet, to this day, not a single encounter takes place aboard the player's ship. Every shipboard fight takes place on "someone else's ship" that has a different interior layout than the "stock" starship bridge.

Wait a second, the "new" Federation tutorial has a fight on that Origin bridge (specifically designed for that combat, then repurposed/recycled into the "stock" ship interior) aboard the ship that the player's been thrust into command of...

Yet my original statement stands. Not a single "original" bridge, or any of the "original" hallways has a single phaser fired on them.

Point the second:

Therefore, the interiors now suffer from "KDF syndrome" - since nobody uses their full interiors (outside of Belfast / Connie / Freighter), it's cost-ineffective to revamp the interiors. Of course, the general consensus is that until the interiors are given a revamp, nobody wants/needs to use them.

They call that "The Self-fulfilling Prophecy."

I don't want to loose access to the default interiors as they have grown on me. I do want to see more interior options.