Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   The Fact of No Warning on Claimed items being is a disgrace (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=105647)

Archived Post 02-05-2010 09:42 PM

The Fact of No Warning on Claimed items being is a disgrace
 
Point


Borg bridge officer - #605023 - Star Trek Online
02/04/2010
Resolved
Yes

I activated my promotion code for Borg bridge officer and this apeared in Inventory , I click on train up thinking was training up the officer and it deleted the Borg and add 1 skill to another officer , can warn players about this, as I have no manual yet and can you reverse this and give back Borg officer , can I suggest a warning message when the officer is being deleted

Yours Mr N Johnson

I am sorry to hear you lost your Bridge Officer. Unfortunately we will not be able to assist you with this issue. At this time items that are accidentally misplaced, deleted, deconstructed, sold or bound to the wrong character do not qualify for reimbursement. If by chance the item in question was associated with a mission, we will not be able to reset that mission for you. We appreciate your patience and you understanding in this matter! Thank you for Playing!
cbug.categorymain.gm

resolved

I feel this is a fundimental right of a player to be warned, I claimed items in other MMo such as SWG and been warned a action would delete item


<a href="http://www.animateit.net"> <img src="http://www.animateit.net/data/media/august2009/PicardVsVadar.gif" border="0" alt="Captain Picard vs Darth Vader" /> </a>

Archived Post 02-05-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnsneils (Post 1955007)
I feel this is a fundimental right of a player to be warned, I claimed items in other MMo such as SWG and been warned a action would delete item

But you didn't delete it, you used it. I'm sure you don't complain when you use hypo sprays, engine batteries and earl grey teas as well, but those also disappear when you use them.

But I must say, I feel for you and am sorry that it happened.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 09:59 PM

Hopefully your character isn't too advanced. I do believe the bonuses are one activation per character so you still basically have it and can claim it forever after on any characters you make. Check the C-Store and see if the item is present in the 2nd tab, it might even be re-attainable on that character.

I haven't heard of any of the bonuses not being one per character, so do state if its not.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnsneils (Post 1955007)
Point


Borg bridge officer - #605023 - Star Trek Online
02/04/2010
Resolved
Yes

I activated my promotion code for Borg bridge officer and this apeared in Inventory , I click on train up thinking was training up the officer and it deleted the Borg and add 1 skill to another officer , can warn players about this, as I have no manual yet and can you reverse this and give back Borg officer , can I suggest a warning message when the officer is being deleted

Yours Mr N Johnson

I am sorry to hear you lost your Bridge Officer. Unfortunately we will not be able to assist you with this issue. At this time items that are accidentally misplaced, deleted, deconstructed, sold or bound to the wrong character do not qualify for reimbursement. If by chance the item in question was associated with a mission, we will not be able to reset that mission for you. We appreciate your patience and you understanding in this matter! Thank you for Playing!
cbug.categorymain.gm

resolved

I feel this is a fundimental right of a player to be warned, I claimed items in other MMo such as SWG and been warned a action would delete item


<a href="http://www.animateit.net"> <img src="http://www.animateit.net/data/media/august2009/PicardVsVadar.gif" border="0" alt="Captain Picard vs Darth Vader" /> </a>

wow...bad move cryptic, poor form.

I will be reposting this on my trans-mmo guilds forum...

sorry to hear that btw, maybe make a new charactor?

Archived Post 02-06-2010 01:57 AM

Ugh I wish I had read this thread half an hour ago before using a rare BO candidate to train an existing BO. Poof goes the candidate, along with a great set of powers (including an Lt. power in an ensign slot). I put in a ticket, but I'm not holding my breath. :(

Archived Post 02-06-2010 04:17 PM

Nothing at this time constitutes reimbursement. All the Bo's lost and equipment lost to bugged missions are gone for good.

Reply I got for a bugged mission.

Quote:

Thank you for contacting us about your missing reward. We are currently aware of this issue and hope to have it resolved very soon. We understand how frustrating it can be to have this happen. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide replacement rewards at this time, but are working very diligently to correct this such that it does not happen in the future. This MMORPG is a living and evolving experience. As such, the Game will continue to change as we implement and polish new features, which are a key in the continuing development of a dynamic play environment. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 08:38 PM

At least you GOT a response for your ticket!!

Hahahaha. I never did!

I agree that it should warn people that "this action will permanently release this BO from duty" or something. A Borg BO is NOT a hypo-spray... qq.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 07:36 AM

Actually..I checked last nite and there is a warning. The BO clearly states that he/she will "Return to thier duties" after they train your BO. Sorry you lost your special but you should have read the dialog box more closely.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 07:45 AM

what quantum says. the BO text states that you lose a boff if you use it to train.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuantumForce
Actually..I checked last nite and there is a warning. The BO clearly states that he/she will "Return to thier duties" after they train your BO. Sorry you lost your special but you should have read the dialog box more closely.

Yeah that warning has been in since launch most people just wont read these days.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:53 AM.