Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Best Lt. Commander personal weapons? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=105746)

Archived Post 02-05-2010 10:25 PM

Best Lt. Commander personal weapons?

Hi! I'm having a real hard time finding personal weapons that I feel are effective. I just made Lt. Commander, so may I ask what other people feel are the best personal weapons?

I'd ideally love a hand phaser and a rifle to switch between, but please share what weapons you reccomend.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 10:30 PM

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it until you get to Admiral. You're just going to outgrow it in a day or three, unless you are really taking your time. ;) But I think Mk IV are the best you can equip at LtC. Commander is Mk V and VI , Captain Mk VII and VIII, with Admiral unlocking MK IX and X I believe.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 10:33 PM

I like to carry two weapons with "EXPLOIT" advantages and equip all my dudes with "EXPOSE" attacks. That way, there will be plenty of opportunities to vaporize my enemies, and I have two exploit cooldowns to swap between.

I personally like to have a sniper rifle as one of my weapons as an opener, but YMMV.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 10:34 PM

I use sniper rifle and split beam. I love split beam because occasionally one of my bridge officers will knock down and expose 2 or 3 enemies at the same time and then i split beam them and its so cool to watch 3 guys vaporize at once.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roachface
I like to carry two weapons with "EXPLOIT" advantages and equip all my dudes with "EXPOSE" attacks. That way, there will be plenty of opportunities to vaporize my enemies, and I have two exploit cooldowns to swap between.

I personally like to have a sniper rifle as one of my weapons as an opener, but YMMV.

This is my tactic as well. For the longest time I just carried around two sniper rifles and just constantly swapped with the exploit shot.

But as for finding better weapons, try to find one of the ferangi trader ships, I've seen some pretty good ones on there, ain't cheap tho.

Archived Post 02-05-2010 10:39 PM

I have a disrupter rifle with split beam. Its very nice. I also found a tactical kit with cloaking so I can cloak and sneak up on enemies and its also useful when you're getting low on health. Just cloak and the enemies target someone else :)

Archived Post 02-05-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peil
I use sniper rifle and split beam. I love split beam because occasionally one of my bridge officers will knock down and expose 2 or 3 enemies at the same time and then i split beam them and its so cool to watch 3 guys vaporize at once.

I go with this as well, Sniper Rifle for openers, and Split beam disruptor/phaser rifle for Suppression and mass exploits.