Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   server (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=105820)

Archived Post 02-05-2010 11:48 PM

server
 
how many times does the server goes down since the game came out?

Archived Post 02-06-2010 12:00 AM

Today is the first day since the actual release date that there were server issues.

Today is also the European launch date, so our already maxxed out servers are having a hard time handling the influx of European players.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telaura (Post 1957186)
Today is the first day since the actual release date that there were server issues.

Today is also the European launch date, so our already maxxed out servers are having a hard time handling the influx of European players.

Adding to this, it's also the first weekend during the official launch of the game. And one that's attached to an intellectual property that had a huge fanbase to start with.

You can't exactly blame them overmuch for not anticipating the bum-rush on the servers - they've probably been in Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man mode since Head Start hit and they realized that they needed more stuff *fast*.

EDIT: Darnit, I always miss a word in that tube man reference.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YuriFoxfirega
Adding to this, it's also the first weekend during the official launch of the game. And one that's attached to an intellectual property that had a huge fanbase to start with.

You can't exactly blame them overmuch for not anticipating the bum-rush on the servers - they've probably been in Wacky Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man mode since Head Start hit and they realized that they needed more stuff *fast*.

Troof.

As stated on 1/16 during OB, they anticipated for a 60% return of actual players from beta codes released, and got a 95% return. They were unprepared, but have compensated well.

New servers this weekend! :)

Archived Post 02-06-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telaura (Post 1957246)
Troof.

As stated on 1/16 during OB, they anticipated for a 60% return of actual players from beta codes released, and got a 95% return. They were unprepared, but have compensated well.

New servers this weekend! :)

To be honest, I was amazed at how fast they got up and running smoothly during Head Start. When they said they put new gear on rush order, they meant *rush order*.

Server teams earned another party! (Once they get things stable again, anyway. In the mean time, BACK TO WORK YOU PEONS!)

Archived Post 02-06-2010 12:48 AM

And believe it or not, due to costs of the equipment and getting enough maintenance people trained and in place, its better that they didn't overshoot that number. You screw that up by ordering too much and your player base isn't sufficient to pay for it spells a short lived game.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 PM.