Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Got my hopes up for a few min (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=106442)

Archived Post 02-06-2010 11:46 AM

Got my hopes up for a few min

Exploration
So i get into a system and it looks like a typical scan 5 mission. save the science officer tells me there is an iron age civilization there and we have t oget the probe off the serface before they see it, fine so far. get the probes scanned, naturally i want to get a look at the inhabatants, so i check out the map carefully, even get shot at a few times from invisible inhabitants. seems they like to throw rocks or something. never find them.
would have at least like to see some flippin huts just off the map boarder,
please cant we discover somemthing. a new species of slug ... something.. anything????

Archived Post 02-06-2010 11:50 AM

This game is not balanced for content.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleRomulus (Post 1962873)

That's funny.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 11:52 AM

but, but i WANT it to be :)

Archived Post 02-06-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProcyonA
Exploration
So i get into a system and it looks like a typical scan 5 mission. save the science officer tells me there is an iron age civilization there and we have t oget the probe off the serface before they see it, fine so far. get the probes scanned, naturally i want to get a look at the inhabatants, so i check out the map carefully, even get shot at a few times from invisible inhabitants. seems they like to throw rocks or something. never find them.
would have at least like to see some flippin huts just off the map boarder,
please cant we discover somemthing. a new species of slug ... something.. anything????

Besides if they did see you, you would be breaking the Prime Directive and they /delete you for that.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleRomulus (Post 1962873)

Very unbalanced, and it should have been something like balanced for launch.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 11:56 AM

did not want them to see me just wanted to study them for the entry to memory alpha, " Kinneson discovers species XYZ on planet ZXY" discription ect....
Geek stuff..

Archived Post 02-06-2010 11:57 AM

This is funny, back when Cryptic first announced they are working on STO, they said we would be able to discover new planets, name them, discover new civilizations and maybe those people might join our crew.

Anyone encounter this yet? No? Of course not. Little disappointed but I am sure Atari had them kick this game out well before Cryptic wanted to. So hopefully Cryptic will be making big big changes to the game in the near future.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 12:03 PM

I really like the game so far, but yes open exploration really needs to be in the Devs development plans for the near future.

The possibilites of exploration within the ST universe is infinite, heres to hoping some of the devs and content designers have a great imagination and then the talent to implement it.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 12:42 PM

wonder when we can expect some of this aspect of the game. hope it soes not get put on the back burner on the remotes campsite in there building.
Just had a picture of one guy in a dingy closet chomping on a cigar munching fritos..