Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Windows and General: PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=401)
-   -   Server Full (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=106660)

Archived Post 02-06-2010 01:05 PM

Server Full

Is this something that is likely to become part of regular STO business? I have no problem with getting messages telling me the server is full and I have to queue while I'm not paying for it, but once the free month is up, it's kinda hard to justify paying Ģ10pm for somethng I'm going to have to queue to play.

I totally understand the deal with MMO's at launch and the mssive influx of players suddenly hitting the servers causing problems..aswell as the need to iron out bugs that can really only be picked up after launch but.....is this server queue thing part of the plan? If there's going to be an issue of reaching maximum capacity, are there likely to be more servers opening? Or is it envisaged that eventually the server won't have any issues of maximum capacity?

In summary: I'm apprehensive about eventually having to pay to stand in a queue. Don't mind now...will mind when the money starts rolling out of my account.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 01:07 PM

I'm also keen to know the answer to this one before I sign over my CC details....

Archived Post 02-06-2010 01:39 PM

What the hell Cryptic? I'm in a freaking QUEUE for a game I PAY YOU to play. Fix this crap!:mad::mad::mad::mad::

Archived Post 02-06-2010 01:49 PM

Well Iīve just been kicked out and am now 641 of 641 waiting in the queue to be logged back in.... Ridiculous..

Now I understand that this is a new MMORPG but c'mon people! We need to stop justifying the fact that these issues are happening because itīs "new". How many MMORPG's need to be released before you know to have massive amounts of bandwith and server access available for the launch.. Not only that but Iīve got a list of issues as long as my arm that have been sat now with no response from a GM. If the game wasnīt ready then they should have extended the beta and not released the game until it was sorted..

This has happened with every MMORPG I've ever played and itīs time to start stepping up the game and actually getting a stable product and a stable system before release. Itīs not too much to ask.. some of us have paid Ģ40.00 a time for this game.. Really guys.. you want to get those servers sorted and if you canīt get them for a week.. go buy some from a place you can walk away with them even if they're only intermediate ones.. you're likely to loose more customers through this than the money you will save if you donīt act.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 01:50 PM

I totally agree, I also work with suuplying servers and services to other companies, if they got a message that they canīt use the services they are paying for, i would be fired.

But for STO it seems to be ok.

They need to realise that I am paying for something, and I canīt use it, so how do I get my money back?

Fix this please.

This is hurting the Start Trek franchise, donīt think Paramount likes this. Star Trek reputations is goint to hurt.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 01:54 PM

Yep its ***** que's on a new MMO equals FAIL
Will cause more to quit that any in game bug:mad:

Archived Post 02-06-2010 01:58 PM

LOL for ffs i was at 614 of 614 now im 640 of 700 WTF even your stupid queue dont work

Archived Post 02-06-2010 01:58 PM

Iīm going to be interested to see how high the number of people waiting goes before I get in.. we're now over 800

Archived Post 02-06-2010 02:02 PM

Place 88 .. and ... I'm bored of waiting. Game over STO, I'm going to kick back with a beer and the girlie in front of a movie - here folks, you can all move up a place. :)

Thank cluck I'm not paying for this yet :)

Night folks.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 02:15 PM

and there we go! over 1k people waiting...