Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Exchange - how to sort or filter by price? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=107386)

Archived Post 02-06-2010 08:19 PM

Exchange - how to sort or filter by price?

Hi
Is there a way to sort the exchange search results by price, or to filter for a specific price range (aka what I can afford)
Thanks

Archived Post 02-06-2010 08:54 PM

No. This is one area that I find STO lacking in. There are a LOT of areas that would benefit from a sort ability but, alas, I have yet to see one anywhere in the game.

My suggestion is to narrow down what you see in the exchange, using the search feature, until you have as few as possible on the screen.

Ex: if dual results in 900 hits try dual phaser
if dual phaser results in 800 hits try dual phaser pistol
if dual phaser pistol results in 700 hits try dual phaser pistol mk
...and so on, and so on, until you have a reasonable amount of items shown.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 09:08 PM

thank you !

Archived Post 02-06-2010 09:15 PM

Exchange came in right at end of closed beta and is still very much a work in progress.

Sure it will get improved when they get time, it certainly needs more filtering.

Would be bad enough in a multi server game, but with so many people able to freely put trash on there its awful.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 09:40 PM

I would be happy if the features that are already there actually _worked_. Like the categories.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 09:54 PM

Items also need to expire, as items sold at the outset, when something like a Mk II torpedo launcher was rarer and could sell for 100,000 (if anyone had that kind of money early on).

Plus having to constantly relist items might cause more folks to just unload trash items and not clutter up the search with a bazillion standard issue phasers.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 09:59 PM

I would be happy if the exchange only allowed a 50% markup over the real value of an item. As it stands right now no one is using the exchange because all of these ******* are wanting 80,000 credits for Mark II items. I saw a Mark IV Covariant Shield listed for 120,000 credits today. Hilarious and sad at the same time. In the open beta, I made 230,000 credits by selling items listed between face and 30% markup. I sold everything I put up. Now, I can't get anything to sell even though my items are some of the best priced on the exchange. I put up an uncommon Mark IV Quantum launcher for 6,000 credits. A fair price for a Mark IV, seeing as how the listed value is about 4,200. No one has bought it. Probably because there are several others listed at 90,000 credits, which scares people away. They see that and go '**** it', not even bothering to read the rest of the list. So a word to all the markup ******* .... Stop doing it you turds.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefx73 (Post 1971739)
Hi
Is there a way to sort the exchange search results by price, or to filter for a specific price range (aka what I can afford)
Thanks

Cryptic this is an absolute need for the game - please include this as as soon as possible please.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBadger
...Snip... ******* ....Snip....

Really? This is how you ask us to stop making money? You can choke on a bag of turds.

Between my friend and I, we have about 3 million credits. As a Tier 5 chip costs about 265K, we are sitting pretty.

Sitting pretty on the items that we placed at exorbitant amounts, and people bought.

There is NOTHING else to do with credits. When you create an economy that cash-flow is endless, prices don't matter.

I FULLY expect to see items for well over 100mil within 6 months. WE HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO WITH THE CREDITS.

Look at SWG (Boo, hiss, **** SoE). It was completely player-driven with no game mechanic to remove credits from the economy. An item that I could have bought for 100,000 credits a year and a half ago is not over 100,000,000.

TO Cryptic: MAKE US PAY TO REPAIR OUR SHIPS. MAKE US PAY TO DOCK.. hell, make us pay for ANYTHING. The economy will get out of control VERY quickly.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bapaveza (Post 1972102)
No. This is one area that I find STO lacking in. There are a LOT of areas that would benefit from a sort ability but, alas, I have yet to see one anywhere in the game.

My suggestion is to narrow down what you see in the exchange, using the search feature, until you have as few as possible on the screen.

Ex: if dual results in 900 hits try dual phaser
if dual phaser results in 800 hits try dual phaser pistol
if dual phaser pistol results in 700 hits try dual phaser pistol mk
...and so on, and so on, until you have a reasonable amount of items shown.

the problrm with this is if u type till mk ii youll see the mk ii AND the mk iii, if u type mk i, youll get mk i - iv