Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   So is there ANY chance we'll get to play as an Android/Gynoid sometime? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=107470)

Archived Post 02-06-2010 10:46 PM

So is there ANY chance we'll get to play as an Android/Gynoid sometime?

Presently, I'm using an 'alien species' with a bio that makes her out to be a gynoid from Galor IV, otherwise known as Planet Mudd from 'I, Mudd' in the classic series. There's something of a tradition of sentient androids of all types in Star Trek. And with emerging Photonic sentience, one would imagine that such machine intelligences next step would be to construct bodies not reliant on Mobile Emitters like the Doctor's 29th century tech. So with all the research going on at the Daystrom on such stuff, might we someday be able to play as an android, gynoid or photonic? Would you even be INTERESTED in playing one if given the chance?

Archived Post 02-06-2010 11:00 PM

That is a very interesting question. I would be intrigued to play as one of the above mentioned, given what options would be available.

Will this happen? In time, maybe. It would be nice to see one day.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 11:06 PM

I think "alien" with the "twitchy" stance would fit the bill for most android/robot type automatons.

You can customize them with traits (strength, resistances, etc.)

The only thing missing will be the words "android" on your character sheet.

Archived Post 02-06-2010 11:47 PM

Whats a Gynoid?!

Archived Post 02-06-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telekill (Post 1972896)
Whats a Gynoid?!

you can ask... Or you could have googled it and saved face. :p
... humanoid female robot

Chat wants a playable hologram. That would be awesome. :D

Archived Post 02-07-2010 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telekill (Post 1972896)
Whats a Gynoid?!

Android (Andro) = robot made to look like a man.
Gynoid (Gyno) = robot made to look like a woman.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 03:54 AM

I'd probably make a Soong-type if it was a selectable race.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Algus (Post 1974637)
I'd probably make a Soong-type if it was a selectable race.

I would make a little girl like data did and then catch alien-pedos like a super chris hansen.

"Why don't you take a seat.":eek:

Archived Post 02-07-2010 04:16 AM

I most definitly want to play as an android. But if that happens, it will probably be an expansion.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iBatman (Post 1974959)
I would make a little girl like data did and then catch alien-pedos like a super chris hansen.

"Why don't you take a seat.":eek:

Strangely, Capulet and I made "Soong-type" Androids last night.. basically just picked traits that made sense and hers was basically a resurrected Lal.. mine was just a successful build by the Daystrom Institute by Geordi after they had studied all the information gathered from Data/B4/Lal and of course Lores deactivated body.

B-9 (also the original name for B-4 in the Nemesis script.. so I thought it was fitting)