Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   "Mind Meld" and "Nerve Pinch" available even if not active (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1078521)

frtoaster 04-09-2014 07:01 PM

"Mind Meld" and "Nerve Pinch" available even if not active

The Vulcan abilities "Mind Meld" and "Nerve Pinch" are available in the powers list even if they are not active in the "Traits" tab. To reproduce this bug, follow the steps below.

1. Press U, and click on the "Traits" tab.
2. Deselect "Mind Meld" and "Nerve Pinch".
3. Press P to view the powers list.
4. Drag "Mind Meld" and "Nerve Pinch" from the powers list to the ground tray.

Tribble ticket ID #44,781

frtoaster 04-16-2014 07:10 PM

I'm still seeing this bug. Moreover, "Medical Nanite Cloud" and "Defiance" are available on the ground, and "Quantum Singularity Manipulation" and "Refracting Tetryon Cascade" are available in space, even none of them are selected in the "Traits" tab.

orionsbyte2 04-22-2014 11:33 AM

I'm seeing this as well, on the released version today.

suaveks 04-28-2014 09:41 AM

Question is - are you able to use these powers?

Because it's not a bug, it's a feature. You can drag these powers to your tray, but you won't be able to use them unless you activate the trait. Makes it easier to manage your UI when you switch traits often.

tk79 04-28-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suaveks (Post 16648881)

Because it's not a bug, it's a feature. You can drag these powers to your tray, but you won't be able to use them unless you activate the trait. Makes it easier to manage your UI when you switch traits often.

That would be the case.

It happens with the new Undine traits as well. When you don't have the trait active, you can't use it, but you can still drag it to your tray. I believe this is WAI.

tigeraries 04-30-2014 10:02 AM

These should be on by default

Folks often select the race based on available racial skills/abilities.

This also applies to BOs based on space skills, so Humans, Nausicaans, Roms/Remans are used mainly. And the Efficient ones.

But if other races get their "racial" abilities by default then folks could be playing those more or using them as BOs, well for F2P folks anyway who are limited to BO slots.

There have been calls to add space traits to each race... instead why not just have their racial abilities usable without slotting them? Why cant every Vulcan use mind meld or nerve pinch? Why cant the folks use telekinetic or other mental attacks if they have access to em?

mastigator 04-30-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suaveks (Post 16648881)

The rep trait ones don't work if you don't have them selected, but I found that my alien kdf can shoot mind bullets (that's telekinesis, Kyle) without the trait being active.

monkeybone13 05-02-2014 05:23 PM

My caitian and ferasan have the personal ground trait 'Pounce' in the available skills window and skill trays even with no personal traits selected. Haven't tested to see if I could actually use it though.

My reman also has 'Mind Drain' available even when it isn't activated in the personal traits. He too had this slotted prior to season 9 launch.

My liberated borg human captain has 'Neural Blast' available even when not activated in personal traits.

For all of them I had these traits slotted before season 9 launched.

So it seems special species activatable traits are available even if you don't have them selected in the personal traits list.

Edit: This has been the case on Holodeck so it's another one of those "they didn't fix it even though it was reported some time before the season launch".

tigeraries 05-14-2014 04:38 PM

It's been "fixed" now... i preferred it when you got your races special abilities on default. that's the bonus you get for playing that race, the negative being you dont get access to all possible traits.

However my female orion is still missing her passive threat reduction and bonus resists to confuse and placate. Trait on Bridge Officers is called "Seductive". Racial Details only list the Seduce ground ability.

nulonu 06-01-2014 04:02 PM

Racial traits aren't the only problem. My engineer has been stuck with orbital devastation since S9 went live, selected or not.