Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   ThlIngan Hol Help Request. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=108495)

Archived Post 02-07-2010 11:12 AM

ThlIngan Hol Help Request.
 
I didn't know if I should've put this thread here or in General, but I came here as this is the Klingon Section of the STO Forum. I am here to ask the help of the local experts of the Klingon Language in converting terms for English to Klingon written with English letters so I can use it for my Klingon character and ships in STO.


Here are the terms I need converted into Klingon if someone is willing to help me.

-Margon Son Of Marog. (Margon Marog puq'loD? Marghom MaroH puq'loD?)

-Margon Of The Klingon Honor Guard or Honor Guardsman(-Klingon?) Margon. Whatever will fit under the "Bones" section of names.

-Kri'stak Volcano. (Fiery Kri'stak Mountain? Burning Kri'stak Mountain?)



Please help me with these requests. Others, don't be afraid to post your questions here as well in hopes of getting them answered. Qapla'!

Archived Post 02-07-2010 08:49 PM

Bump. Someone please respond to this. :( Again, other ppl can put thier questions about the Klingon Language on here too.

Archived Post 02-08-2010 07:16 AM

Bump Again, someone plz answer this. :(

Archived Post 02-08-2010 08:03 AM

"My Hovercraft is full of Eels".... sorry, i'll get me coat :o
C'mon there must be some Klingon speakers out there - bet loads of folk would like an ability to translate stuff - anything online ?

quick edit found this
http://www.mrklingon.org/

wIj [Hovercraft] 'oH teblu'ta' vo' [Eels]

:)

Archived Post 02-08-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maltz-N-Burgerz
-Margon Son Of Marog. (Margon Marog puq'loD? Marghom MaroH puq'loD?)

-Margon Of The Klingon Honor Guard or Honor Guardsman(-Klingon?) Margon. Whatever will fit under the "Bones" section of names.

-Kri'stak Volcano. (Fiery Kri'stak Mountain? Burning Kri'stak Mountain?)

Ok. Here's what you want:

marghon, tlhIngan 'avwI' quv - Margon of the Klingon honor guard

QIStaq qul HuD - Kristak Fire Mountain

Both marghon and QIStaq are my transliterations of the names you wrote. There aren't set tlhIngan Hol words for them.

Archived Post 02-08-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dugaldmcranald
"My Hovercraft is full of Eels".... sorry, i'll get me coat :o
C'mon there must be some Klingon speakers out there - bet loads of folk would like an ability to translate stuff - anything online ?

quick edit found this
http://www.mrklingon.org/

wIj [Hovercraft] 'oH teblu'ta' vo' [Eels]

:)

Don't use Mr Klingon if you want a Klingon translation of something. Here's why:

wIj [Hovercraft] 'oH teblu'ta' vo' [Eels]
farm's hovercraft's it is filled, Eels propel

When you wanted:

Hovercraft-wIj teb eel-mey
Eels fill my hovercraft

Archived Post 02-08-2010 10:47 AM

Ah, but I kind of like the "wrong" one better - good for asking unitentionally insulting questions in PvP or in keeping with my earlier Monty Python reference "People called Romans, they go the house ?"
:p

Archived Post 02-09-2010 06:06 AM

TYVM, got your pm too qugh. K, Cryptic, you can erase now if you want. XP

Archived Post 02-09-2010 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maltz-N-Burgerz
TYVM, got your pm too qugh. K, Cryptic, you can erase now if you want. XP

Don't delete it. If anyone else need Klingon language help, feel free to post in this thread and I'll answer what I can. This goes for the Cryptic Devs too. Hopefully we can fix some of the atrocious Klingon in the game.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:39 AM.