Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Multiple tier 1 powers for BOs? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=108621)

Archived Post 02-07-2010 12:17 PM

Multiple tier 1 powers for BOs?

I don't know how this happened, but a couple of my bridge officers now have multiple tier 1 powers. For example, I have a science officer with Jam Sensors I *and* Tachyon Beam I, which are both tier 1/ensign powers. If I put the BO in a station that can have both ensign and Lt. powers, both the ensign powers show up but not the Lt. one.

I don't know if I trained them and it didn't replace the power or this is a game mechanic I somehow missed in beta, but either way, the BOs who have multiple tier 1 powers are preventing me from using the tier 2 powers. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Archived Post 02-07-2010 12:58 PM

I'm having the same problem. My engineer has 2 space tier 1 abilities and 2 ground tier 1 abilities. But now I have a tier 2 cruiser and he can't use his tier 2 skill :S. This happened after using a bridge officer candidate to train him with another skill. I'm curious to know if this is a bug or working as intended.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turanmegil (Post 1985734)
I'm having the same problem. My engineer has 2 space tier 1 abilities and 2 ground tier 1 abilities. But now I have a tier 2 cruiser and he can't use his tier 2 skill :S. This happened after using a bridge officer candidate to train him with another skill. I'm curious to know if this is a bug or working as intended.

OK, glad to know I'm not the only person this is happening to. If I could figure out how to select which power I want to be "active" it wouldn't bug me, but alas, I'm leaning towards it being a bug.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 01:04 PM

yeah, now my engineering officer can't use his luitenant abilities just his 2 ensign abilities...

Archived Post 02-07-2010 01:21 PM

Congrats, you have a totally bugged BO.

Hope it doesn't take too long for a GM to fix him/her up.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobFromAccounting
Congrats, you have a totally bugged BO.

Hope it doesn't take too long for a GM to fix him/her up.

Well crap. I /bug'd it in game before posting on the forums, but I hate to have to flag down a GM.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGSHender (Post 1985784)
OK, glad to know I'm not the only person this is happening to. If I could figure out how to select which power I want to be "active" it wouldn't bug me, but alas, I'm leaning towards it being a bug.

Oooooohhh, that would be nice, to be able to make one ensign power active while having the other there would be nice. That way we could decide which one we want to use at any given time. Still, I think if they are both there and it is working as intended then we should be able to use both ensign powers at the same time regardless of how many slots are available.. Otherwise I think this is a bug.

I too trained an existing Boff and got an unwanted 2nd ensign skill. Which really kind of sucks because I want to use her 3rd ability.

Has anyone had any resolutions to this problem?

Archived Post 02-08-2010 09:08 AM

No resolution to this yet, but I noticed today that one of my BO's is "fixed"--that is, the second tier 1 power is now gone and the correct one is there. Well, I think it's the correct one. I'll have to check that.

My second BO that I trained yesterday is still broken, so I wonder if they automatically fix themselves eventually.

Archived Post 02-08-2010 10:54 AM

I have this issue as well. I have a cruiser, with 2 engi spots. I have what I consider my veteran engi and another engi that was just hanging around not used as a BO. The rookie engi BO had the same tier 1 skill as my veteran, so I went and bought a new/different skill for the rookie BO, it told me it was going to replace the current tier 1 skill which it did. Assigned the rookie BO, and the new skill were available to me in space just as it should be. Today when I logged in the rookie BO has both skills the original and the new, however it auto assigns the original and I cannot use the new skill, so basically I have 2 engiís with the same skill.
:eek:

Archived Post 02-08-2010 11:08 AM

I have the same problem with my engineer