Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Need help from a dev..not a whine :) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=108906)

Archived Post 02-07-2010 02:56 PM

Need help from a dev..not a whine :)

Can a dev please help me,I am 1 of the guys from the EU that has no chance in hell of having his retail code by tomorrow,I have tried all night to open a ticket but it does not seem to work.
I have a lifetime sub to the game and of course would not have bought this if I had no intention of buying the retail box.
Now it seems I will not be able to play the game from tomorrow and with no way of opening a ticket I seem stuck,can you please help me.
Thanks.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 02:59 PM

I wish you the best of luck. I agree that you would not have bought the lifetime without the retail.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theglimpse
I wish you the best of luck. I agree that you would not have bought the lifetime without the retail.

Indeed,though I doubt I will get help on this,I am trying to open a ticket but that system is now down and has been all night.

I do not get annoyed easy but I think after the money I paid for the game and lifetime sub I should/deserve some sort of help,instead of being ignored or given no option but to ask you guys on the forums.

It does not seem right.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 03:18 PM

What's the big problem? You'll miss 1-3 days of playing. It's not so bad: you have lifetime sub! I know it sucks but that's how life is...

The grace has been extended too.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostMatter (Post 1987759)
What's the big problem? You'll miss 1-3 days of playing. It's not so bad: you have lifetime sub! I know it sucks but that's how life is...

The grace has been extended too.

NO that is not the point,I live in a rural area and it could be 2 weeks,so it is not 1-3 days,also I would like to see if this was you.

I am not being abusive so have no idea why you feel the need to try and be a smart ass.I did not start this post for your sort of response.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 03:33 PM

Sorry you feel I'm being a smart ass but I don't think I am. You should have stated the timeframe clearly at first.

Sorry to disappoint you too but I doubt they will be able to do anything. Your best bet is to contact support and see what they can do for you. You could also buy a digital version though I agree that's surely not the best for you.

Calling the developers directly rarely works in my experience. They also do not take care of billing/account issues most of the time.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostMatter (Post 1987898)
Sorry you feel I'm being a smart ass but I don't think I am. You should have stated the timeframe clearly at first.

Sorry to disappoint you too but I doubt they will be able to do anything. Your best bet is to contact support and see what they can do for you. You could also buy a digital version though I agree that's surely not the best for you.

Calling the developers directly rarely works in my experience. They also do not take care of billing/account issues most of the time.

If you read my post you will see I have tried to open a ticket but this system is down,I will not buy a digital copy of the game as I have already bought the game and also the lifetime sub...I think I have paid enough.

I made this post that maybe on the off chance a dev reads this and tries to help.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 05:10 PM

It is a let down that for a customer that has given his cash as he believe's in the game to be treated so badly.
No chance to make a ticket,no response in the forums and no way to find help.
It would be nice for some sort of help after the money I have paid,I would imagine any dev or mod would feel the same if they were in my shoe's.

Again I am only looking for some help in this matter.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 05:55 PM

Dude, it's the weekend. You can't except a response right away.

Just place a support ticket and wait. Yes, it's long and unpleasant but they're literally swarmed with requests. The person responsible for service said they are working to increase the speed. I can't find the post right now.

If you really believe a developer will post here, so be it. Post your ticket # here when it's in the system and maybe, in the off-chance they look at this topic, they can ask someone to look at it.

This is a situation out of their control, the fact that you live far. I understand your frustration but that's how the system is done. No access until retail key.

Archived Post 02-07-2010 06:05 PM

If you cannot submit a ticket then try this form.