Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Feds with a Bat'leth (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=109375)

Archived Post 02-08-2010 12:50 AM

Feds with a Bat'leth

I ran into a Federation player using a Bat'leth in some Lt. level matches yesterday. To a degree, it made me sad to see this since I figured it was going to be Klingon specific.

I guess it isn't a big deal that the Feds can run around with them as well, but it was nice thinking that it was a weapon unique to the Klingons.

What does everyone else think about this?

Archived Post 02-08-2010 12:58 AM

Dax could use one...

Archived Post 02-08-2010 01:12 AM

A number of Federation characters have been shown to use one or hang onto them for use, but usually they are the eccentrics who enjoy a variety of martial techniques.

Like I said, I am just being a grumble puss because they gave the Feds "my unique toy".

But really, most Federation dogs don't even deserve to hold such an honorable weapon!

Archived Post 02-08-2010 05:06 AM

this isn't right, feds using an honorable weapon. it'll be like a Klingon commanding a Starfleet vessel, which i seem to have the opportunity to do but won't. just not right

Archived Post 02-08-2010 05:08 AM

It is a bit meh but it's canon. I'd like to see the Mek'Leth though as a Klingon weapon (Klingon Fed included). I believe Worf used one on the Borg in "First Contact".

Archived Post 02-08-2010 05:17 AM

Completely agree with op. Was sad to see feds with batleH's, i would have thought they would get their own weapons like a sword or something similar.

Archived Post 02-08-2010 05:37 AM

I don't have an issue with this in general, but one person earlier tonight was using this in a combination that was a boarderline exploit, as follows;

They made a Fed Klingon, gave them a name that made you think they were Klingon side, dressed their uniform in a way that minimized the ability to see that it wasn't a Klingon uniform, and ran around using a Bat'leth like they were a Klingon player.

IMO this clearly was an attempt to cheat their opponents into thinking they'd been hit by a ground equivalent of Scramble Sensors and thus not attack them thinkig they were friendlies who were simply conning incorrectly on the UI. (To make this even worse they wouldn't even fire on you with ranged weapons, they'd simply run up like they wereon your team, then start meleeing with a Bat'leth, leaving you to not know if you should kill them or wait for the cause of them going hostile to dissipate)

If Fed players are going to be able to dress themselves in such a manner, there needs to be a much clearer way to identify them as feds easily, espesially considering that from space combat you get used to the fact that the system con may be incorrect.

Archived Post 02-08-2010 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yargnit (Post 1994067)
I don't have an issue with this in general, but one person earlier tonight was using this in a combination that was a boarderline exploit, as follows;

They made a Fed Klingon, gave them a name that made you think they were Klingon side, dressed their uniform in a way that minimized the ability to see that it wasn't a Klingon uniform, and ran around using a Bat'leth like they were a Klingon player.

IMO this clearly was an attempt to cheat their opponents into thinking they'd been hit by a ground equivalent of Scramble Sensors and thus not attack them thinkig they were friendlies who were simply conning incorrectly on the UI. (To make this even worse they wouldn't even fire on you with ranged weapons, they'd simply run up like they wereon your team, then start meleeing with a Bat'leth, leaving you to not know if you should kill them or wait for the cause of them going hostile to dissipate)

If Fed players are going to be able to dress themselves in such a manner, there needs to be a much clearer way to identify them as feds easily, espesially considering that from space combat you get used to the fact that the system con may be incorrect.

I suppose they can't be expected to see the big blip on their map now could they? No, let's make everything idiot proof, nerf costumes!

I'm all for nerfing real problems, but COME ON. You're borderline paranoid thinking this is an issue.

Archived Post 02-08-2010 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yargnit (Post 1994067)

Sorry but this made me laugh. Now I want to do a reverse of this and see how it goes. I have an Orion that I dressed up looking pretty Human looking. I used the FASA Orion template, I cant believe I still own some of those books. Now I just need to sport some TOS Klingon Uniforms with out the sash. LOL But really you can so tell when someone is shooting at you. As yes I do see how you can get confused. I do all the time, until the phasers start firing.

Archived Post 02-08-2010 06:33 AM

I remember an Episode on DS9 where Quark defeats a Klingon in a 1v1 sparring match using Bat'leths...

But yes I too found it quite odd. Its hard to swallow but I guess thats what they want the feds to have. Put it this way. If the Feds DONT get the Bat'leth they will only cry until it gets removed anyway. So in that light im quite happy them having it (they still whine about it being OP. I do 14 damage per hit and I have maxed out the 2 close combat skills).