Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Body Armor - How do I disable displaying this its ugly. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=109455)

Archived Post 02-08-2010 03:31 AM

Body Armor - How do I disable displaying this its ugly.

I just picked up a blue [Energy Dampening Armor Mk V [HP] [RegHP] and it basically makes me want to vomit :( its so ugly. Is there any way I can turn off the display of seeing it and still keep it equipped?

Thanks

Archived Post 02-08-2010 03:33 AM

Right click armor while its equipped on you, works wonders...

Archived Post 02-08-2010 03:33 AM

Goto your paperdoll rightclick, hide.

Archived Post 02-08-2010 03:35 AM

Good news is yes you can hide it. Bad news is I'm not sure exactly how. I believe in your character screen you can right click it and hide (can remember).

Archived Post 02-08-2010 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ender6600 (Post 1993122)
Right click armor while its equipped on you, works wonders...

Thank you!!!!!!!!!! :)

Archived Post 02-08-2010 06:58 AM

As a follow up to this I hope there will eventually be a toggle option we can set so that whenever we beam to a friendly spot (like a starbase) that our armor, kits and weapons will be automatically hidden/holstered. It always seems weird to me to beam to someplace like DS9 fully ready for battle like that. ;)

Archived Post 02-08-2010 08:19 AM

How about letting us choice how our armor looks along with a uniforms?

Archived Post 02-08-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shuttlecraft
Thank you!!!!!!!!!! :)

You can also hide the equipment from your slotted Kit as well. Same method, right click Kit on paperdol and select Hide.

Archived Post 02-08-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd2134 (Post 1995849)
How about letting us choice how our armor looks along with a uniforms?

Armor looks are tied to teh type of of armor that you are wearing. And Armor is a type of equipment that you are using. I think it would look out of place to allow too much player's to customized armor. I think its enough that player can customize their costumes.

Archived Post 02-08-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzun (Post 1995907)
Armor looks are tied to teh type of of armor that you are wearing. And Armor is a type of equipment that you are using. I think it would look out of place to allow too much player's to customized armor. I think its enough that player can customize their costumes.

So long as I'm allowed to see my costume and it isn't being covered by armor as the system currently allows I'm inclined to agree.

If on the other hand, armor were ever to become visibility required, I would change my mind very quickly.

EDIT:: Thanks Ender6600, that info isn't mentioned anywhere and I was going batty trying to figure out why I was allowed to customize my uniform at all, since the armor kept covering it up. :)