Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Earth Spacedock (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   RP FLEET: The Glass Petal (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=110566)

Archived Post 02-08-2010 09:32 PM

RP FLEET: The Glass Petal

The Glass Petal is seeking avid roleplayers for a very, very unique roleplay experience.

Who we are:

We are made up of creative minds from all walks of life. The core leadership of the Glass Petal have been RPing in many games across many genres. In any game we're involved with, we create immersive, genuine experiences for both participant and observer alike.

We are a mature themed fleet. As such, anything goes within our society. Our processes generally involve adult related content and are not intended for young children. We are -not- an ERP rooted society, but it can and will happen from time to time.

The Glass Petal is what we call a "living" fleet. Members assume a character, and anywhere outside of fleet or private chats, we remain in-character... even when conversing with non-RP players server-wide. Our storylines are not scripted, rather, a foundation is given and they develop themselves through interactions with our members and other parties outside the fleet.

The Specifics
  • Glass Petal is a secret organization comprised of characters from all walks of life and society. The members may be Starfleet or any other assumed character type.
  • The fleet is a cult-based society. Meaning: A nondescript sect of religious practitioners
  • Nothing is what it seems, ever
  • The fleet has a well-defined, albeit very arcane hierarchy... and one that lends itself to always having room for advancement

Potential Members
  • Mature roleplayers or those interested in learning only need apply
  • All inquiries should be directed to @xylander @ossiria @darius777
  • Membership is highly selective
  • All members must be interviewed, in-character prior to admission
  • We do not impose playtime limits, but members should remain regularly active

Fleet rules
  • We have a vent available for non-RP related levelling, pvp etc
  • HOWEVER, RP will not take place live over vent (LRP = Live roleplay)
  • Be respectful of members and their ability to RP or the lack thereof
  • Little to no tolerance for out of character chat within the RP setting
  • Scripting a storyline (IE preplanning details and consequences of actions prior to the RP session) will get you banned from the fleet. We are a fluid, realistically believable society. Complete with unknown variables and consequences of actions.

Summary

The Glass Petal is a deep, in-depth RP society from its skin to its core. Our leadership has wonderful creative minds in place to facilitate meaningful roleplay. The concept of this fleet was designed by a published author and lifelong roleplayer. The society's backstory in and of itself is intriguing. What's more is that the framework laid out will create a neverending abundance of memorable experiences for months and years to come.

The Glass Petal are RP community advocates and are always looking out for RP fleets to RP with at any opportunity. In addition, we are working on locating a public hub to RP from... far, far away from Sirius system space.

As of now, the fleet is young. We decided to start from scratch here and involve entirely new people. We currently RP in numerous other games, but the RP focus at present is here with STO and our leadership are long-term life or annual members all. In the past, we've had guilds/corporations/societies whose membership has numbered in the hundreds. Our leadership is tried, tested, and effective in leading anywhere from three to many hundreds of players. However, we do not intend on massing numbers. ALL of our members are selectively approved by a group consensus and we do not, have not, and never will zerg recruit.

So, if you're into getting in on the ground floor of a fleet that will, in no doubt, become one of the penultimate RP fleets in STO history... I urge you to contact me for an interview. By nature, the Glass Petal will not seek you out. If you want to know more, you'll have to contact us and make yourself known here, or via PM to @xylander(no need to RP send your notices).

The rest, will just happen.

Archived Post 02-09-2010 07:38 AM

courtesy kick to the top

Archived Post 02-09-2010 01:57 PM

Also, our leadership is available to assist anyone in learning how to RP or to add more depth to your RP character. Feel free to contact us at any time with questions, comments or to schedule a meet n greet :)

Archived Post 02-10-2010 01:57 PM

Still open for business!

Archived Post 02-10-2010 06:17 PM

I would be interested in hearing more. Please message me.

Archived Post 02-11-2010 09:55 PM

PM sent with some information/interest. Meant to add that my Character Background can be done/sent at request. Thanks!

Archived Post 02-13-2010 07:59 AM

Also, please feel free to approach @Ossiria for fleet-related stuff.

And of course, any random RP interests as well. :)

Archived Post 02-13-2010 11:12 AM

I am interested in hearing more.

Archived Post 02-13-2010 12:09 PM

Hi Xylander,

Just wanted to let you know that I have added an entry for your fleet to the Fleet Registry thread that I have been building.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=115661

Please let me know if any corrections are needed :)

Archived Post 02-13-2010 12:25 PM

Interesting, I'll definitely have to get in touch.