Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Stupid Star Trek tricks thread (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=110774)

Archived Post 02-09-2010 03:47 AM

Stupid Star Trek tricks thread

I was bored and was wondering if anyone else besides me likes to do stupid star trek related tricks/stunts or Pranks

let me list a few to get started,

1: when done with a mission point your ship at the nearest planet and hit warp will screaming your favorite catch phrases like "Damn the Torpedos!! Full speed ahead" or :"KHAAAAAANNN" you get the point :) plus when you go to warp you get neat little sparklies that looks like your parts flew across a quarter of the planet.

2: while running hit your tricorder and jump off a cliff, if you do it right looks like you're river dancing in the air

3: wear your communicator that you got with the collectors edition and go to work. every time you talk to a co-worker tap it and say "beam me up scotty no intelligent life down here" do it so often that later all you have to do is look at a co-worker and tap the communicator to get the stink-eye :)

Archived Post 02-09-2010 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaidin
I was bored and was wondering if anyone else besides me likes to do stupid star trek related tricks/stunts or Pranks

1: when done with a mission point your ship at the nearest planet and hit warp will screaming your favorite catch phrases like "Damn the Torpedos!! Full speed ahead" or :"KHAAAAAANNN" you get the point :) plus when you go to warp you get neat little sparklies that looks like your parts flew across a quarter of the planet.

2: while running hit your tricorder and jump off a cliff, if you do it right looks like you're river dancing in the air

3: wear your communicator that you got with the collectors edition and go to work. every time you talk to a co-worker tap it and say "beam me up scotty no intelligent life down here" do it so often that later all you have to do is look at a co-worker and tap the communicator to get the stink-eye :)

I wore my comm badge to work, and insisted every is to call me Lt Commander until my next promotion. I refused to respond to anything but Lt Commander. My boss actually thought it was pretty funny...
every one else further awknowledged i'm a lost cause lol

Archived Post 02-09-2010 05:43 AM

I quite frequently use Star Trek technobabble during space battle. Lots of "Fire torpedoes!" and "Evasive Maneuvers!" As I'm flying through maps, I say, "Warp factor 'x-number'" as I increase speed. And I ALWAYS say "Engage" upon game start-up.

:|

Archived Post 02-09-2010 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarzGurl (Post 2009541)
I quite frequently use Star Trek technobabble during space battle. Lots of "Fire torpedoes!" and "Evasive Maneuvers!" As I'm flying through maps, I say, "Warp factor 'x-number'" as I increase speed. And I ALWAYS say "Engage" upon game start-up.

:|

This amuses me...

Now i feel like less of a geek1 ;)

Archived Post 02-09-2010 06:17 AM

I wore my CE badge as a tie clip to work.

Someone saw it, called me a "Star Wars Geek" and jokingly called me Luke Skywalker all day.

I hate normal people.

Archived Post 02-09-2010 06:26 AM

I like the commbadge at work/promotion thing. I may just do that tomorrow.

I tend to get very focused when I am in combat and have running mental dialogue with my crew, calling out orders, etc...

I started to say things out loud for fun and effect during closed beta, but my wife decided it made me weirder than I already am...so I stopped for her sake. She'll be out of luck though when I start playing Klingons. Klingon is just so much fun to speak aloud.

Every now and then my friends and I will slip into in character communications over vent when we're planning a mission.

@Coyote - Yes, normal people are scary.

Archived Post 02-09-2010 06:34 AM

Flirting with a friend using only Borg tech-talk-bable =]
Borg are very seshual beings, "assimilate", "probing", "injecting nanites" and the list goes on and on =]
(btw all at work and everyone could hear but poor sods didn't get a thing)

Archived Post 02-10-2010 12:56 PM

I also have mental dialogs with my bridge staff during play.

I view the character and crew as MU in origin. So now all the combat makes much more sense. But the dialog will go something like this:

Midori: Mr. Strom, Bring their shields down before I rip your *$&@ pointed ears off your Vulcan head!
Strom: Yes Lt Cmdr! Enemie Shields are Down.

Midori: Mr. Corspa, Ram torpedoes up their exhaust and let loose a few more mines!
Corspa: But Lt. Cmdr, Starships don't HAVE an exhaust perse. . .
Midori: *Standing and walking toward her* You don't REALLY need two antennae do you?
Corspa: Ramming into their exhaust sir!

You get the idea.

Archived Post 03-15-2010 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cimitiere (Post 2031253)
I also have mental dialogs with my bridge staff during play.

I view the character and crew as MU in origin. So now all the combat makes much more sense. But the dialog will go something like this:

Midori: Mr. Strom, Bring their shields down before I rip your *$&@ pointed ears off your Vulcan head!
Strom: Yes Lt Cmdr! Enemie Shields are Down.

Midori: Mr. Corspa, Ram torpedoes up their exhaust and let loose a few more mines!
Corspa: But Lt. Cmdr, Starships don't HAVE an exhaust perse. . .
Midori: *Standing and walking toward her* You don't REALLY need two antennae do you?
Corspa: Ramming into their exhaust sir!

You get the idea.

My mental dialogue from a game two days ago:

CDR Sharky: Ensign, give me manual control!
ENS: Yes, sir!
Manual Control: *appears*
CDR Sharky: Err...this is a six-button fighting game arcade controller >_<
ENS: That's the only manual control we've got sir!
CDR Sharky: *sigh* very well...anyone have a quarter? It says "insert coin"...

Archived Post 03-15-2010 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaidin

I do actually.

If I get really bored waiting for a PVP match to open up I'll go look for Klingon ships in sector space. When I approach in my assault cruisers I yell out something along the lines of "KLINNNNGOOOOOONSSSS SUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!"

I usually add in a spicy comment about how their cloaks will not spare them my verbal taunts. It's fun, you should try it.