Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   too many effing saurians (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=112349)

Archived Post 02-10-2010 09:57 AM

too many effing saurians

three out of five of my level up boffs are suarians, and this is not the first time this has happened either.
do you hate me, cryptic? why? WHY?!

(also, the level up boffs do not state gender in their description)

Archived Post 02-10-2010 10:49 AM

i have 6 "epic" BOs, all of them are male - nvm ;)

Archived Post 02-10-2010 11:13 AM

I've gotten different ones, but only one was the same race as my character :(

Archived Post 02-10-2010 11:19 AM

Saurians and Aliens can get Efficient, make sure you keep an eye out for it.

Archived Post 02-10-2010 12:04 PM

Actually, I think there are too many Klingons and Ferengi.

Archived Post 02-10-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuicideBunny
three out of five of my level up boffs are suarians, and this is not the first time this has happened either.

Craig Z posted on Twitter recently that the least-played captain type is a Saurian female.

Is anyone surprised? I mean, the Saurians aren't exactly a high-profile Trek race. I had to think to remember that they'd actually appeared as a race. Look at the Memory Alpha website, there's almost nothing there.

The Saurian brandy they make is more famous in Trek lore than they are ... :D

I'm not complaining, I just feel the OPs pain. This whole Saurian thing is so odd.

Tellarite and Aenar BOs -- both of these races have gotten more Trek screen time than Saurians --were taken out before launch, but the Saurians got the nod?

No Denobulans, no Cardassian friendlies (for Klinks and/or Feds), or any other higher-profile Trek race I'm forgetting to mention, but ... Saurians?

I'm not saying Saurians shouldn't be in the game, I'm just surprised they cut to the head of the line for launch day.

My opinions, anyway,

KOS

Archived Post 02-12-2010 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuicideBunny

/congratz

if even one of them has the efficient trait, you can sell it on the exchange for enough coin to buy a full set of blue (rare) ground officers. If only this would happen to me. I get Klingon Science and Betazoid Tactical Officers (their traits the OTHER way around would be useful at least).

Archived Post 02-14-2010 08:58 AM

While looking at a BoF at the Exchange, where would the "efficient trait" appear? Would it be within the ground traits or up above in the space traits?