Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Who here is still playing POTBS? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=112523)

Archived Post 02-10-2010 11:11 AM

Who here is still playing POTBS?

Just curious what the state of the game is - I haven't played since my guild left for *** when that game launched.

Archived Post 02-10-2010 11:57 AM

Well..I just got an email from them that they are merging servers.

Rackham, the server I am on is merging with another....They reactivated my account for this month, so I could log in and see the changes, and move my character.

I don't plan on doing that. :D

Archived Post 02-10-2010 12:11 PM

I cancelled my sub more than three months ago due to financial issues, but now that we all got 30 days free, I may log on for a bit.

Archived Post 02-10-2010 12:13 PM

Well, there are still some people here at SOE working on it, so it's not quite dead.

Archived Post 02-10-2010 12:19 PM

I was on the Rack with Xoo/Vox. I know Judge and Suraknar from these forums were there. I'm just curious how it had changed. Closing servers indicates it isn't doing too well - I got the same email.

Archived Post 02-10-2010 12:25 PM

The one thing I loved most about PotBS was the User Created Content setup for flags and sails.

I LOVED doing that.

I am proud of all the work I did.

It makes me curious about the Fleet Logo option in the Ship Customizer.....I'd LOVE to submit my own Fleet Logo....

Archived Post 02-10-2010 12:39 PM

Yeah, I created a lot of flags and sails. I loved the ship combat in that game. But having ships sink with hours of econ work (line ship bundles) down the tubes was unbelievably stupid as a design choice.

Archived Post 02-10-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naevius
Just curious what the state of the game is - I haven't played since my guild left for *** when that game launched.

You may get a better response on the SOE forums...
I think its safe to assume we play STO here...

Archived Post 02-10-2010 12:43 PM

Including myself, obviously.

Archived Post 02-10-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naevius
Yeah, I created a lot of flags and sails. I loved the ship combat in that game. But having ships sink with hours of econ work (line ship bundles) down the tubes was unbelievably stupid as a design choice.

I understood that it was a PvP style game with RvR....

But that STILL doesn't change the fact that I had just gotten a ship that I'd wanted...can't remember what it was...was a special deed from a turn-in at Tortuga...Didn't want to drop the deed there, wanted to take it to the port I had a bunch of stuff I was saving for it.

Immediately after zoning into the open sea, I saw about 4 ships heading towards me...I was screwed...Bam...Battle...I couldn't combat 4 ships on my own...and I had the wind against me. Needless to say...I was sunk...and lost that shiny new deed.

From the time I docked at Tortuga, until the time I left...it was clear...Between the time I checked the map for the red circle, and the time I loaded into the open sea...it was turned into a PvP zone....

I liked how PvP was setup there....but the Death Penalty was a bit much.

I am not against DPs....just not a fan of losing everything because I died. :D