Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Temple Offerings (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=113596)

Archived Post 02-11-2010 09:55 AM

Temple Offerings

O.K., this is insane. I've got to buy 160 provisions in order to buy Entertainment provisions. Not only is it going to cost me a fortune for a lousy 158 skill points but it's further compounded by the fact I can only buy one item at a time. So to recap, I've not only got to spend a fortune for a reward worth less than mapping nebulea but I've also got to click the sodding button 160 times!. For heaven's sake Cryptic, implement rewards proportionate to the mission and allow us to buy more than one item at a time.

Archived Post 02-11-2010 10:06 AM

I agree. after I saw I needed to buy so many I ended up buying them inbulk from the bazzar.(or what ever name it is where people sell stuff) I did that for the entire mission saved me a lot of time.

Archived Post 02-11-2010 10:49 AM

Yup. I just bought the crap off the exchange, doesn't cost that much more, and I don't have to run back and forth from DS9 through rubber-band central. Especially as the mission has multiple parts where you need crappy provisions :P

Archived Post 02-11-2010 11:45 AM

Wow, just wow. That's just taken me close to an hour and 93K credits to complete for a lousy 158 skill point reward. Good god, I'm only a Commander, am I running out of content already? Cyrptic really need to balance these missions. In an hour I could have done three "explore the X nebula" missions and earnt tripple the skill points.

Archived Post 02-11-2010 12:29 PM

ive just finished this mission, apparantly

i went through all the buying and handing over, apoke to the last guy in the docking ring, got ''temple offerings complete'' come over my screen, it went blue in my mission list

yet its still in my mission list

i've tried speaking to everyone i spoke to in the mission, and nothing, so im out over 90k, and nothing to show for it...

tried relogging, tried leaving and re-entering the station, nada

anyone else got this?

Archived Post 02-11-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthonia
ive just finished this mission, apparantly

i went through all the buying and handing over, apoke to the last guy in the docking ring, got ''temple offerings complete'' come over my screen, it went blue in my mission list

yet its still in my mission list

i've tried speaking to everyone i spoke to in the mission, and nothing, so im out over 90k, and nothing to show for it...

tried relogging, tried leaving and re-entering the station, nada

anyone else got this?

Talk to Captain James Kurland to complete it. He can be found in Operations aboard DS9.

Archived Post 02-12-2010 06:42 AM

This is some of the dumbest mission design Ive ever seen. Not only is it dull and repetitive, but they also take away quite a few credits for this useless and pointless quest. Here, as well as in several other spots, you get the impression, that it was either thought (rather coughed) up in a hurry or that someone did this who posesses absolutely no imagination whatsoever. Im not completing this ****** quest...

Archived Post 02-12-2010 07:51 AM

The biggest problem with this mission is the changes that were made to the commodities system. Back during Beta you could simply buy the commodities in question for energy credits and have done with the mission, but all that changed by the time the game went live. Post-launch the commodities brokers come in two flavors: sellers (they carry the basics and sell for ECs) and traders (they have the more complex stuff and trade for varying combinations of the basic commodities) and there is only a trader on DS9, not a seller. Anyway, all of this changed and the mission doesn't appear to have been re-balanced to take the new structure into account as the closest -reliable- commodities seller is all the way back at Earth Spacedock or buying them off of the Exchange. It takes way too long and costs way too much for what you get now.

Archived Post 02-12-2010 08:52 AM

Blame The Bajorans

I stopped watching DS9 because I got feed up with the stupidity of the Bajorans and Star Fleets pandering to their stupid whims... Its good to know that missions involving them are just as annoying, kinda gives it that DS9 feel.

Archived Post 02-12-2010 10:29 AM