Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Hotkeys for Energy Presets! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=114420)

Archived Post 02-12-2010 12:21 AM

Hotkeys for Energy Presets!

I guess this doesn't affect those of you that don't fiddle with presets, but as a cruiser captain i have a preset for attack, tanking, turning, and running that I use quite often. It would be very useful if there was a way to map this to a shortcut.

thanks for your attention!

Update: there is a workaround

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquadraCorse
You can use the following keybinds to map the power presets to whatever keys you like. Just copy & paste or retype them into the chat like you would any other / command. You can change F9-F12 to whatever keys you want (F1-F4, A-Z, 1-0, Space, Delete, etc.). They're in the same order they appear on the power setting control - 0=Attack, 1=Defense, 2=Speed and 3=Balanced. Search the forums for "keybinds" if you want to learn more.

Hope that helps,

- SC

/Bind F9 GenButtonClick PowerLevel_Preset_0
/Bind F10 GenButtonClick PowerLevel_Preset_1
/Bind F11 GenButtonClick PowerLevel_Preset_2
/Bind F12 GenButtonClick PowerLevel_Preset_3

Archived Post 02-12-2010 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treehugga (Post 2052878)
I guess this doesn't affect those of you that don't fiddle with presets, but as a cruiser captain i have a preset for attack, tanking, turning, and running that I use quite often. It would be very useful if there was a way to map this to a shortcut.

thanks for your attention!

BUMP

Yes that would be very very usefull!!!!

Archived Post 02-12-2010 10:49 PM

You can use the following keybinds to map the power presets to whatever keys you like. Just copy & paste or retype them into the chat like you would any other / command. You can change F9-F12 to whatever keys you want (F1-F4, A-Z, 1-0, Space, Delete, etc.). They're in the same order they appear on the power setting control - 0=Attack, 1=Defense, 2=Speed and 3=Balanced. Search the forums for "keybinds" if you want to learn more.

Hope that helps,

- SC

Archived Post 02-13-2010 12:16 AM

thanks so much for the help!! will still keep this thread bumped though as other noobs like me won't know the commands

Archived Post 02-13-2010 12:47 AM

Thank you very much for posting this for a noob like me.:D

Archived Post 02-13-2010 08:18 AM

Yet something else that should just be in the default keybinds of STO.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquadraCorse

Hope that helps,

- SC

What would the command be to bind the power presets to the number pad keys 0-3?