Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Mine Spam in annoying...how about this for a fix? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=114930)

Archived Post 02-12-2010 12:53 PM

Mine Spam in annoying...how about this for a fix?
 
Make it so we cant target mines. It removes the purpose of spamming them right off the back.

Next, give all ships a very low powered "AoE" that we can activate with a button push. While holding the button, we can mouse over the mines and get a "lock", release the button and a probe(so its pretty slow) is launched that detonates the center mine, creating a cascading destrcution of the mine cluster and any others in the immedate vicinity.

This probe can not target ships and does minimal damage from its detonation(if you want to have its detonation destroy the center mine) to surrounding ships. Or you can have the probe masked with a ship signature that draws the mines to it so they detonate on the probe. In eitehr case, the detonation of the probes cuse normal AoE splash damage.

No more mine target cluttering.

Lastly, give us the option of choosing what color certain targets come up as. So we set mines and other items to a seperate tag than ships, etc.

Archived Post 02-12-2010 12:56 PM

I think I'd prefer this solution:

Mines cannot be seen from further away than 5k.


I think it defeats the purpose of "mines" if they are plainly visible, aside from the fact that they interfere with targeting.

Ideally, perhaps they should simply be entirely invisible until someone triggers them. Once they start coming after you, THEN you can see them.

Archived Post 02-12-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slamz
I think I'd prefer this solution:

Mines cannot be seen from further away than 5k.


I think it defeats the purpose of "mines" if they are plainly visible, aside from the fact that they interfere with targeting.

Ideally, perhaps they should simply be entirely invisible until someone triggers them. Once they start coming after you, THEN you can see them.

THAT is a great idea. I'm sure feds will like it also when it doesn't take 10 minutes of picking the ships from the chaff.

Archived Post 02-12-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramagar-ROK
THAT is a great idea. I'm sure feds will like it also when it doesn't take 10 minutes of picking the ships from the chaff.

I like it, and I don't think I've EVER seen anyone "accidently" run into mines. Most of the time I'll even run my escort through them just to get those PITAs out of the way

Archived Post 02-12-2010 02:15 PM

Personally, I think mines are retarded and should be replaced by tacheon webs.

Archived Post 02-12-2010 02:40 PM

Yeah mines are ridiculous. They don't even do much damage, there is no real tactical reason to use them EXCEPT to exploit the fact the interface is so poorly designed you can't filter them out of tab targeting so it makes it harder to kill your enemies.

This isn't what mines are intended to do. Mines should not have their name text above them and there needs to be an option to ignore tab targeting them, because the option to ignore "objects" doesn't apply to mines.

Fed balls with 5 mine spammers are just out of control, it makes me fit useless powers like tyken's rift for the sole purpose of blowing them all up just so my team can actually see the enemy. Definitely needs fixing.

Archived Post 02-12-2010 02:43 PM

im interested in exploiting the willingness of people to fly through mines by using tricobalts and seeing what happens :D

Archived Post 02-12-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysRemember
Yeah mines are ridiculous. They don't even do much damage, there is no real tactical reason to use them EXCEPT to exploit the fact the interface is so poorly designed you can't filter them out of tab targeting so it makes it harder to kill your enemies.

This isn't what mines are intended to do. Mines should not have their name text above them and there needs to be an option to ignore tab targeting them, because the option to ignore "objects" doesn't apply to mines.

Fed balls with 5 mine spammers are just out of control, it makes me fit useless powers like tyken's rift for the sole purpose of blowing them all up just so my team can actually see the enemy. Definitely needs fixing.

I dunno, I have hit some really strong quantum mines before.

Archived Post 02-12-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunatec (Post 2060865)
I dunno, I have hit some really strong quantum mines before.

if your shields are even a small bit up they deal a very largely mitigated amount of damage.

Archived Post 02-12-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faithborn
if your shields are even a small bit up they deal a very largely mitigated amount of damage.

well, to be fair, there were 3 feds shooting at me at the time...


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:14 AM.