Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   Getting BOs to holster their weapons (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=115835)

Archived Post 02-13-2010 08:33 AM

Getting BOs to holster their weapons

So, what does everyone think?

I've has a few peaceful missions now and think the away team look very silly brandishing phasers when their captain is not.

Cryptic: Please consider having the whole away team holster their weapons when the command is given for the player character to do so.

Comments?

Archived Post 02-13-2010 08:37 AM

AND make them walk when the player character does! I hate it when they run and scramble around behind me... maybe if they walked when the character does, they would get stuck in the geomtry less.

+10 in agreement.

Archived Post 02-13-2010 11:41 AM

Also, let us select to beam down with weapons holstered, both individually when going to spacedock, and on planet assignments.

Archived Post 02-13-2010 01:26 PM

Agreed. I take my BO's weapons off on peace missions. Please save my the trouble.

Archived Post 02-13-2010 01:43 PM

Hear, hear! On all accounts!

Rarely on the shows did anyone beam anywhere with weapons already out, unless they knew for a fact they were going into a hostile situation. And even then a lot of times the weapons were holstered. Heck I remember a lot of the original series shows a lot of the away team didn't seem to have weapons at all!

Holster should be the defaul in all situations. I've not seen where firing from a holstered position is any slower than firing with the weapon already out. I think it's graphical only.

My vote is always holstered, or if not, at least make the entire away team do what I do (holster if I holser, crouch if I crouch, run if I run, and walk if I walk).

Archived Post 02-15-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mfab
Hear, hear! On all accounts!

Rarely on the shows did anyone beam anywhere with weapons already out, unless they knew for a fact they were going into a hostile situation. And even then a lot of times the weapons were holstered. Heck I remember a lot of the original series shows a lot of the away team didn't seem to have weapons at all!

Holster should be the defaul in all situations. I've not seen where firing from a holstered position is any slower than firing with the weapon already out. I think it's graphical only.

My vote is always holstered, or if not, at least make the entire away team do what I do (holster if I holser, crouch if I crouch, run if I run, and walk if I walk).

I couldn't agree more. I'd love to see this included.

Archived Post 02-17-2010 09:49 AM

Absolutely. I gave these jokers stances so I'd like to actually see them. So far the only way that works is to make 'em all equip dual pistols or go unarmed entirely. And that...is kinda silly.

Archived Post 02-17-2010 11:11 AM

I totaly agree with this have the away team do the same as the captain !! plz

Archived Post 02-17-2010 12:43 PM

It is rather annoying with my slender, pretty (ahem. Shut up, that's what!) klingon (Yeah, yeah. Be quiet.) engineering officer...clad in Original series tight fitting uniform (+skirt)...

...beams down to a space station carrying a huge assault heavy weapon at all times.

It's like..."Yeah, this gun is huge. Yup. Why, wsup? Oh, did you want to talk to me? Well...guess what: This here baby [gun] is not going away, so...Feeling lucky?".

Archived Post 02-17-2010 12:50 PM

Federation needs five people for an away team; the captain and four other people. We klingons only need the Captain :)

Holstering weapons... pffft!