Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   So , still no t2 cruiser ? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=115983)

Archived Post 02-13-2010 10:42 AM

So , still no t2 cruiser ?

How hard would it be to reskin the k'tinga , drop its hull and shields by 20% and take away a weapon slot ?

Doesnt seem like it would be that hard , but im not a programmer. Seems like klingons by and large are getting ignored by the dev's , shame.

Archived Post 02-13-2010 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashe59 (Post 2071721)
How hard would it be to reskin the k'tinga , drop its hull and shields by 20% and take away a weapon slot ?

Doesnt seem like it would be that hard , but im not a programmer. Seems like klingons by and large are getting ignored by the dev's , shame.

There are far more pressing matters to attend to, like fixing mini-skirt bugs and adjusting shirt necklines to be more appropriately revealing.

Archived Post 02-13-2010 10:52 AM

Ill take clevage over game play mechanics any day of the week !!!!

Archived Post 02-13-2010 11:10 AM

Give me a D5 and I'll be happy. One rear gun, three forward. :)

Archived Post 02-13-2010 11:49 AM

did u guys go blind when the devs said they made it ages ago and its coming out with the content pack?

Archived Post 02-13-2010 11:51 AM

Maybe they figure if they just wait long enough we'll all level past tier 2 and it won't be an issue.

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason151 (Post 2072302)
did u guys go blind when the devs said they made it ages ago and its coming out with the content pack?

Klingons at this point in the game essentially have nothing but PvP as their content.

Currently, there is an acknowledged serious balance issue (lack of a Klingon Cruiser in T2) that affects one full tier of PvP - that's nearly 1/5th of the total gameplay available to a Klingon character.

If Cryptic already has made the model, and they're sitting on it for this 45 day patch they keep talking about, that makes it much worse, not better!

Archived Post 02-13-2010 11:59 AM

If it's already been made it should have been put in with the first patch they released , no reason to keep one side inferior in t2 when its ready.

Archived Post 02-13-2010 11:39 PM

Bump

I was really let down when my eng KDF officer got to T2 and there was no cruiser.

Adding insult to injury, there was a lt cmd "Heavy Warship Captain" skill that I could train. Thanks Cryptic for at least letting me train a useless skill at t2.....

I am going to just not play my KDF until they add the t2 cruiser. The annoying thing is, I used my free ship on a Raptor, now I'm regretting it.

Archived Post 02-13-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngryMathDave
I was really let down when my eng KDF officer got to T2 and there was no cruiser.

Adding insult to injury, there was a lt cmd "Heavy Warship Captain" skill that I could train. Thanks Cryptic for at least letting me train a useless skill at t2.....

I am going to just not play my KDF until they add the t2 cruiser. The annoying thing is, I used my free ship on a Raptor, now I'm regretting it.

Don't worry about it. Ships are paid with energy credits. Just do what you do and you'll have a pile of credits in no time. The stuff is only good for ships and white gear. So, it piles up fast. I'm LtCmdr/4 and have over 44k of the stuff now.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashe59 (Post 2071721)

It is evenm more likely they will modify the B'rel model's wings and call it K'Vort Battlecruiser.
However in that case I'd prefer the K'tinga it Tier 2, as a counterpart to the Fed Constitution/Excalibur/ugly Excelsior thingy cruisers and the new ship at Tier 3.
However unlikely that is.
In any case minus 20% shields and minus 1 (forward) weapon slot sounds about right.