Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Gameplay Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Lost items. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=116618)

Archived Post 02-14-2010 12:06 AM

Lost items.

I made Captain today, went and picked up my new ship then undocked into space to see how it looked, while in space I equiped all my consoles and weapons including my pre-order red matter device, then beamed down to work on my officer skills, opened up my ship menu and all my items were gone replaced by the defualt items you get when you aquire a new ship, thinking it was a simple bug I logged out and logged back in, items still missing.

Have submitted a ticket ingame, as of yet had no response.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 01:10 AM

I had the same thing after buying a Antiproton Dual Cannons Mk X form the USS Victory for exploration badges also submitted a ticket.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 01:15 AM

lost items

My character lost a cool ground weapon... was not sure when... but I had 2 different rifles equiped and the next time i checked I had a defualt phaser and the 1st sniper rifle they give you... argh....

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:03 AM

i had the same issue as horem apart from it changed my dual cannon (antiproton) into my old quantum launcher mk IX

this needs fixing badly because it will discourage ppl from playing the game

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:10 AM

Same here, I lost my mission reward Chroniton Flux torpedo launcher and also my marks of exploration item tricobalt torpedo launcher.... wtf...

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:14 AM

this is a known bug, and has happened to a LOT of people. I submitted my first report on this on 01 Feb. A week later I got a canned response that the info had been "processed" and that I should contact a GM to see if they could restore my items. My ticket for that has yet to be answered (now 7 days old).

I am pretty certain I read in an article on making MMO's that a sound database was the single most important feature the game had to posses. On that regard, Cryptic is failing hard.

A database that doesn't save changes when the changes happen and reverts characters back in time when they are dropped is not a good database at all...

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:25 AM

Akulla, the same thing happen to me to yeasterday. Transfered my items from the Command ship to my new Captain ship, beamed out of starbase, then all items where gone and the ship came up with the standard ship layout when you buy it.

This is frustrating, took me a long time to get those items. Have sendt a ticket, but no gotten any respons yet.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illililili
this is a known bug, and has happened to a LOT of people. I submitted my first report on this on 01 Feb. A week later I got a canned response that the info had been "processed" and that I should contact a GM to see if they could restore my items. My ticket for that has yet to be answered (now 7 days old).

I am pretty certain I read in an article on making MMO's that a sound database was the single most important feature the game had to posses. On that regard, Cryptic is failing hard.

A database that doesn't save changes when the changes happen and reverts characters back in time when they are dropped is not a good database at all...

It's happened to a small handful of players. Not a LOT of players. granted, thats no excuse, but if youve sent in a GM help ticket and ALSO sent in a bug report detailing exactly what you were doing, what time, where you were, what race your character is, Which items you switched out etc, it will help them fix it faster. The more info you cna give them, the more likelihood a resolution will come fast.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tedgp123 (Post 2080134)

It's happened to a small handful of players. Not a LOT of players. granted, thats no excuse, but if youve sent in a GM help ticket and ALSO sent in a bug report detailing exactly what you were doing, what time, where you were, what race your character is, Which items you switched out etc, it will help them fix it faster. The more info you cna give them, the more likelihood a resolution will come fast.

Err... actually it *HAS* happened to a LOT of players already. Dunno if you've actually spoken to people in zone chats etc., but pretty much everyone I've spoken to had at least one of their items go poof, be it an epic grade item or a blue one. This is most certainly a critical bug and must be fixed as soon as possible. Every other rare or epic grade item I get won't be equipped to my ship until that bug has been fixed, that's for sure.

Also, submitting a ticket doesn't really seem to be the proper way to get in touch with a GM in this game apparently. I'm a European player, and I've spoken to people during the European peak time and only a small handful of people have actually spoken to a GM so far. Also, I honestly doubt a GM will bother with giving back anyone's item tho because it's a "known" issue and needs to be resolved by the devs, blabla...

In short; people that lost items are pretty much screwed. Now trust me guys I've lost a shiny purple as well and I don't like it anymore then the next person but I think we may as well accept that items lost are lost permanently.