Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Level III Kits, weapons etc... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=116683)

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:02 AM

Level III Kits, weapons etc...

Hey all,

Does anyone know where I might go to trade and purchase level III goods?

Earth Starbase only seems to have level II... And I've been to K-7, but thet have much higher levels which I cant yet purchase!!

Any help??

Pete.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:03 AM

Loot, as far as i know :Pand i think starbase 34, in the Sierra system (Alpha Centauri)

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:04 AM

Starbase 39 Sierra System, Alpha Centauri Sector Block along the Romulan Border sells Mk III and some Mk IV equipment for energy credits. Make sure you go to Sierra System not Sierra Output System which is a different place.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:06 AM

Thanks so much guys! I'll trek over that way later on when the servers come back up!

(loving that they go down in the middle of the day for us Uk'ers!!! Specially a Sunday when I've got bugger all else to do!!)

Pete.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:07 AM

Just ignore the white stuff you get for energy credits and do exploration missions. You get green and later blue items for exploration badges, so far I have equipped every ship this way and reequipped my character after every promotion.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:39 AM

Yeah exploration is the way to go. You get exp and great loot at the same time.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:46 AM

I don't know guys. I have a lot of exploration equipment and spend a fair amount of time in the exploration clusters. However, I also have gobs of unspent energy credits. I'd recommend JustPete buy what he can at Starbase 39 first. That will let him determine where best to spend his exploration badges.

If you get all your equipment from the exploration clusters, I think you're going to end up outleveling the available non-exploration missions.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:51 AM

Well Im RA 3 and I havent bought a single item so far. I just use the exploration badges and quest rewards. I dont see any valeu at all in energy. I have 1.3 million or so that I dont have any use for.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 04:02 AM

Yeah, there's basically no point to energy credits right now unless you want to buy a stack of starships (even then, not hard to raise that cash at Admiral)

So far, it seems like the only thing I've really even needed to think about buying for my main character have been some green photon torpedoes since you can't just buy those with badges.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiozo (Post 2080228)
Well Im RA 3 and I havent bought a single item so far. I just use the exploration badges and quest rewards. I dont see any valeu at all in energy. I have 1.3 million or so that I dont have any use for.

I'm at Commander 5 and I've got over 165,000 so far. That's why I think JustPete should go ahead and spend it at Starbase 39 if he can find something useful. When I hit Commander, I think the white level V stuff was not as good as my green and blue level IV exploration and mission reward equipment. However, I don't think that's the case when you hit Lt Commander.

Also IMO if you visit each exploration cluster for more than say 3-4 sets of 3 missions, you're going to end up getting way too much experience and outleveling the regular missions. Given that a single set of ships shields takes 3 trips to the clusters, you really do not want to be buying all your stuff via badges or you'll get all your experience from the clusters and end up having too easy of a time on the regular missions. The regular missions are already too bloody easy without being over-leveled.

[Edit: Correction I've got over 165,000 Credits so far at Commander 6. They are just piling up.]