Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Any chance we'll get some bonus outfit options down the road? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=116729)

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:51 AM

Any chance we'll get some bonus outfit options down the road?

I have a question about future STO content in particular about bonus uniform options. Let's face it guys after a while the same ole starfleet issue duds are gonna get kinda redundant. The Klingons have it even worse. Any chance some Non starfleet issue duds will become available for those captains who like to break starfleet protocol once in a while? So far the only out of the ordinary uniform content I know of are the TOS mini skirts that come with I believe the steam deluxe pack. For example how about things like stuff you see NPCs wear on Risa and other civilian clothing or perhaps other non-playable race outfits such as romulan or cardassian outfits. Another cool bonus option would be the outfits from the enterprise series terran empire mirror universe especially those really short tops the female officers had. These outfits could either be bought from the C-Store or obtained in-game at special locations such as Risa, DS9 ect. Having more outfits would would certainly make things more interesting. This is just my opinion. The final decision is obviously cryptic's to make. STO will still be awsome either way.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:59 AM

Hopefully.. doesn't feel right relaxing on Risa in my uniform.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 04:27 AM

yes relaxing on risa is a very good reason for having non starfleet issue duds available.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 04:59 AM

because you would never see an army of admirals fighting the borg in thier swimsuits.....ever...

Archived Post 02-14-2010 06:14 AM

Aye more costume slots and more costume options would be nice, so as to allow us these little perks without having to completely redo a current uniform slot every time we wantto go and put on some non uniformy looking atire

So yes, would like these options

:)

Archived Post 02-14-2010 05:38 PM

Bonus? Probably not. Paid? Probably.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 05:47 PM

--I'm all for the bikinis/swim trunks, skirts/shirts and other casual outfits. Frankly, it would add more character. This game already reminds me a lot of the Matrix Online in the way it could be socialized with, so adding more outfits owuld be epic. I had some pretty nice duds in the Matrix and I think the only thing here would be enhancement of socialability. I think, though, ig they aren't added as clothing options, perhaps we can add them as... armor? I know it seems silly, but it would prevent the said problem of everyone fighting the Borg dressed less... appropriately. Useless cosmetic armor is what some Matrix Online stuff was anyway, so we could logically follow that without too much of a problem.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 05:53 PM

Probably. There has been episodes where PIcard and co, conducted ship busniess still in their holosuite outfits.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValinAntilles (Post 2081267)
because you would never see an army of admirals fighting the borg in thier swimsuits.....ever...

I would pay any amount of money to make this happen.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 06:41 PM

I think it would be nice if we could set options for different uniforms/armor appearing for various situations. Guild Wars has the option to turn things like helmets on and off, and to have Guild emblazoned Capes appear or not appear in towns. It seems weird to have your character beam down to Sol sector starbase in full tactical armor, with a phaser rifle in hand for what clearly isn't a combat situation.