Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Getting Real Tired of the PvP Queue Unbalance (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=117535)

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:06 PM

Getting Real Tired of the PvP Queue Unbalance
 
Well, I'll be going back to Eve Online for my last 2 weeks vacation as PvPing is almost pointless these days. 90 percent of the PvP games I go into, its usually me versus 5 federation or 2 versus 5 with either more klingons coming in at late in-game to not make any difference at all. The PvP system was better at OB and the first week of launch but not now. Well I miss the 5 versus 5 games, now with the fast queue system with 5 feds on one klingon, and I have to wait like 3-5 mins for more klingons. This makes me more bored and sleepy than anything else.
Even in KvK games, I am getting so unmotivated to fight a battle when my team has 5 players and the other team has 2. This isn't encouraging PvP just grinding the other faction to get your skill points or badges.

PS. I am really getting tired of Federation players thinking they are 'pwning' or 'l33t' by use of teabagging and verbal words when thier team outnumber the other side like 2 to 1.

...Man I should have never put my money down on this game.... oh well , perhaps they will polish this game in a year or so.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:09 PM

Recruit more Klingons.

I realise this sounds simplistic, and there are many game-side solutions that should be implemented (such as Klingon PVE content, ability to start as Klingon outright, etc.), but for now you attract more flies with honey.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:12 PM

if the federation wonders why the klingons take 10 mins or so to plan the attack. This is one of the reasons: We don't have enough players

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wOOt99 (Post 2090123)
if the federation wonders why the klingons take 10 mins or so to plan the attack. This is one of the reasons: We don't have enough players

is that why it takes tier 5 an hour and a half to get into a pvp game for a fed?:mad:

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:19 PM

Come back in a couple months after the game has matured. Honestly.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:20 PM

I been in games where I am cloaked for 10 mins b4 the second Klingon ship shows up. Its gotten so ridiculious that in PvP games if I don't see a full group on my side I just leave. It makes me wonder if the PvP system tell the federation players if there are no klingons in thier battleground instance. I am wondering how many games where federation player are just stuck in a 5 versus 0 game, thinking the rest of the klingons are just cloaked or refused to fight when in fact there are no klingons.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wOOt99 (Post 2090185)
I been in games where I am cloaked for 10 mins b4 the second Klingon ship shows up. Its gotten so ridiculious that in PvP games if I don't see a full group on my side I just leave. It makes me wonder if the PvP system tell the federation players if there are no klingons in thier battleground instance. I am wondering how many games where federation player are just stuck in a 5 versus 0 game, thinking the rest of the klingons are just cloaked or refused to fight when in fact there are no klingons.

I once waited 5 minutes alone in a 1v0 population, and then another 15-20 minutes in a 5v1 population. I always say in Zone chat that we are waiting until the sides are even, but more often than not the outnumbered Klingons will merely suicide zerg to get it over with as fast as possible.

Can't blame them.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:42 PM

It takes some real stones to level a Klingon to 41+ because all you can do is log-in, queue up and PvP. There is almost no need to ever get in your ship for anything else.

I do the daily, log off and MAYBE play my alt. If not, this game isn't really holding me atm...

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
I once waited 5 minutes alone in a 1v0 population, and then another 15-20 minutes in a 5v1 population. I always say in Zone chat that we are waiting until the sides are even, but more often than not the outnumbered Klingons will merely suicide zerg to get it over with as fast as possible.

Can't blame them.

along the opposite side, i've had klinks spawncamping feds as they entered the arena.

Archived Post 02-14-2010 03:49 PM

You really think this is only an issue for Klingon players? :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:23 AM.