Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   So this game is going to be on Xbox? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=118012)

Archived Post 02-15-2010 02:33 AM

So this game is going to be on Xbox?
 
(Edit) SORRY THE TITLE WAS A RHETORICAL QUESTION STO IS COMING TO 360 FOR SURE!

Its TBA but that has to be a MAJOR deal. People are posting tons of messages about bugs and lack of content etc.

I'm a hard core PC gamer but the cold hard facts are that the vast majority of money in the gamming industry is now made on consoles. So clearly what Cryptic is making on this game now is just a small fraction of what it will once it is released for Xbox.

I'm sure we are kind of like an extended beta for this game to go to Xbox. I mean just think of the server demand once that happens!

So here are my questions about that...

Its TBA... Any info on when it might actually come out for Xbox?

Will people on Xbox be able to play with people on PC?

If you already bought it for PC can you get some kind of discount for the 360 version?

How much content are they holding back for the 360 launch?

Archived Post 02-15-2010 02:37 AM

to awsner the Title...NO

Archived Post 02-15-2010 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxloef (Post 2095492)
to awsner the Title...NO

Really? Then maybe you should look at this - http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/...result;title;1

Acording to GameSpot.com it is coming to Xbox. It has been listed as coming to Xbox for over a year. That site is VERY on top of games and if it were not true it would not be listed that way.

Archived Post 02-15-2010 02:50 AM

eah i have heard about STO going over to xbox and ps3 and that we are just paying to beta test it for that

Archived Post 02-15-2010 02:50 AM

If you click on Cryptic it takes to you their GameSpot.com profie page and under "upcoming games" it says Star Trek Online (360) - http://www.gamespot.com/pages/compan...?company=65553

Archived Post 02-15-2010 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HubsST (Post 2095593)
eah i have heard about STO going over to xbox and ps3 and that we are just paying to beta test it for that

There is no mention of PS3. Just 360. And its not "going over", STO on 360 has been in the plans from when the game was first announced.

Archived Post 02-15-2010 02:52 AM

well, that would explain the dumbed down mechanics and the somewhat limited number of skills available...not to mention the lack of full turn...

Archived Post 02-15-2010 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R_Hawk_Olivaw (Post 2095616)
There is no mention of PS3. Just 360. And its not "going over", STO on 360 has been in the plans from when the game was first announced.

Oh ok, just 360....

how will that work then i dotn have a 360 but i understand you have to pay a sub to get online with it, will you also have to pay a sub to play sto on it, or do you think it will be free to play on xbox as you're already paying a sub to be online ???

More reason to cancel my lifetime I think...

Archived Post 02-15-2010 02:55 AM

God, I hope not

Archived Post 02-15-2010 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R_Hawk_Olivaw (Post 2095504)
Really? Then maybe you should look at this - http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/...result;title;1

Acording to GameSpot.com it is coming to Xbox. It has been listed as coming to Xbox for over a year. That site is VERY on top of games and if it were not true it would not be listed that way.


well hey since we are throwing links around!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/...result;title;2

I highly doubt STO is coming to consoles.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:50 AM.